Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Parvo is very rare in adult dogs to the best of my knowledge.

Worrying about bacteria is a human issue, not a dog one. My dogs eat sh*t of various assortments, rotting things, dead things, all the time...all bacteria and germ ridden...they are dogs!

As for worms, a dog could pick up worms through eating any type of faeces.
.... and from blades of grass even, but for me, I'd rather MY dogs don't eat ****, rotting animals, or any other assortment of bacteria found in dog sh*t. I've had a dog who ate poisoned bait who nearly died, so I live by experience, I keep them away from such temptations. My dogs eat dog food and treats and that's all I want them to have.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
how ridiculous! Seriously?!!!
Yes, sad but true!

Here's another good one - on a newish housing estate in my old village the residents started to complain when the farmer started stacking hay bales in the field opposite their houses, they said it was blocking their view of the countryside!

They took him to court under some human rights law, thankfully the farmer won. He was stacking the bales in the only flat field he had! Naughty farmer!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Yes, sad but true!

Here's another good one - on a newish housing estate in my old village the residents started to complain when the farmer started stacking hay bales in the field opposite their houses, they said it was blocking their view of the countryside!

They took him to court under some human rights law, thankfully the farmer won. He was stacking the bales in the only flat field he had! Naughty farmer!
Why is it that so many folk/yuppies(as used to be known, don't know if still are) have more money than sense, more often than not, want to or do'move to the country, for a better life for them n their offspring n complain about where they've moved to? Many of them are excited about 'green wellingtons n fresh air, open spaces' until some one who's lived there for years, animals or hay bales disturb them Whish some folk would get real n out their own backsides(money or no), sorry for rant.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Yes, sad but true!

There was a case couple years back where residents in a newly built housing estate complained that nearby cows were moo'ing too loudly.

The dim walk among us!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There was a case couple years back where residents in a newly built housing estate complained that nearby cows were moo'ing too loudly.

The dim walk among us!
They do indeed
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2011, 08:25 PM
I dont clear whoop up when walking in countryside because ecologically speaking it will break down faster when exposed to the elements than stored in a plastic bag.However,i always make sure its off pathways etc and flick it into a ditch with a twig.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Why is it that so many folk/yuppies(as used to be known, don't know if still are) have more money than sense, more often than not, want to or do'move to the country, for a better life for them n their offspring n complain about where they've moved to? Many of them are excited about 'green wellingtons n fresh air, open spaces' until some one who's lived there for years, animals or hay bales disturb them Whish some folk would get real n out their own backsides(money or no), sorry for rant.
Some idiot moved out to our village from Northampton, and complained to the chairman of the Parish Council about the chickens crowing at 4.30 in the morning and waking him up. He said to our Chairman "what can I do about those bloody chickens", and our Chairman, bless him, said "Move!"
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Some idiot moved out to our village from Northampton, and complained to the chairman of the Parish Council about the chickens crowing at 4.30 in the morning and waking him up. He said to our Chairman "what can I do about those bloody chickens", and our Chairman, bless him, said "Move!"
Good for him! It's crazy folk wanting to move to 'the country' n then complaining about it? What are they on?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's contrary to the words that came out of my vet's mouth last year when she said "parvo is pretty rife in this area", and that is why I worry!

Worrying about bacteria is NOT just a human issue, dogs can contract e-coli, salmonella, campylobacta and just about everything else that's rife with bacteria and it makes them very sick indeed, you've been lucky, just be thankful!
In puppies or adult dogs? parvo has always been a potential risk for young dogs (especially unvaccinated puppies, obviously), but given it's rarity in adult dogs, I can't imagine your vet was talking about immunized adult dogs.

Salmonella and e-coli are also rare in adult dogs. That is why dogs are able to be fed raw diets with no ill effect. A dogs internal ability to deal with harmful pathogens is much more advanced than our own.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
.... and from blades of grass even, but for me, I'd rather MY dogs don't eat ****, rotting animals, or any other assortment of bacteria found in dog sh*t. I've had a dog who ate poisoned bait who nearly died, so I live by experience, I keep them away from such temptations. My dogs eat dog food and treats and that's all I want them to have.
You are lucky that you have dogs that are interested in such temptations.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, poo (dog and otherwise) is just something you have to deal with when walking rurally. If it is a real problem in one particular area, you have the option of walking elsewhere.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Some idiot moved out to our village from Northampton, and complained to the chairman of the Parish Council about the chickens crowing at 4.30 in the morning and waking him up.
Hahaha! We had this too when I was a kid, next-door complained about our chickens... must be 35 years ago now, so some things never change!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »