View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Parker poops in places where you don't usually need to clear up where the poo is out of sight and not going to be stood on.

He was really unintentionally annoying the other week though as he pooped through some large metal gates on a walk into a pile of weeds. However, because the gates get moved at night when they close the riverside path and the poo would have been thrown by the gate I had to reach through the metal bars and into the weeds to get it. GRRR!
Floppyears
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I mostly do forest walks and must admit, I rarely pick up after two of mine, as they find the most obscure bushes to perform under. Benny Bog though is a different matter. He has to poo in the middle of the path. Even if I have gone off path in the middle of a fell or forest, Ben will go back to the path or find a clearing ,so I always pick up after him. I very rarely walk where there are bins, so any bags I collect get hung on my tow bar for the journey home That's what it's there for isn't it?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I personally don't pick up if it's well off the beaten track. The odds of anyone treading in poo in a bush or similar thick cover are fairly slim to none. I don't see the point as it will break down quicker in the middle of nowhere than it will in a plastic bag in a landfill site. Obviously I would pick up if it was anywhere near a path/track when walking rurally.
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree. My little one always finds a offending pile.
I ride and afew times ive picked my horses feet out and they have had dog pooh in them. Not NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I'm pig sick of it too - everywhere I walk I have to walk looking at the ground - drives me nuts!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 11:41 PM
I live in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, and if I'm walking my mutts in the fields that are owned by the man that owns the farm and my house, then I won't pick it up, it's only me that walks around in it, and generally my lot won't go, they wait until they are back in their kennels.

If I'm walking along the road surrounding 'my land' then I'll pick it up, it's used by a fair amount of walkers, going to walk on the moor, and I don't see why they should have to have to watch out for my dogs poo when they are exploring a beautiful bit of Scotland!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 02:47 AM
Poo in the countryside? Heaven forbid, better tell the cows and the sheep where they can or can't poo, or even better fit them with nappies! I was watching an "Escape To The Country" this aft and the guy complained cos the house they were viewing was next to a farm!!! No way, a house in the country next to a farm, bloody unbelievable!

In all honesty I find town folk far worse than country folk for not picking up after their dogs. Round here the paths and fields are littered with the stuff. I tended to find in small country communities people picked up partly because more often than not they'd be named and shamed by whoever caught them leaving it!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:54 AM
WE are very lucky here in Suffolk, cos around here there are "poo bins" at the start/end of a lot of footpaths.
Nugga
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Same here we have doggy bins on every corner, got to admit tho i've seen some let their dog do the deed and walk on, I normally shout over have you run out of bags would you like to have one of mine lol
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:57 AM
lol i live in the new forest i dont pick up after mine if they are off in the bushes ,middle of the walkway yes BUT throw a ball here or kids walk here your more likely to land in horses or cow poo thats whatt the countryside is all about here animals that roam freely, my bug bear is townies coming into the country and feeding the animals when it clearly states not to then whinge when a mare has kicked **** out of their little loves for trying to feed a foal!! there are differnt rules to the countryside!!
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »