View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm not at all a cat person, much prefer dogs, but I completely agree with this, after living with my Mum's mog since May!

Made me chuckle!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 01:09 AM
I'll admit I'm not a "cat " person, they don't make me go gooey like dogs do!

That said I do miss having one, even though it was just like having another dog when she was with me - she followed me around the house, sat on my knee when I had breakfast and generally demanded attention every time I was within 5ft of her.

She drove me nuts, but I miss her!

I hope no one minds, here is a little vid I took many years ago. I think Isla could only have been about 9 months old. Considering the last B&W Spaniel she encountered wanted her dead, I think she shows remarkable tolerance!

Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Its your loss!

I waited a very long time, years in fact before the time was right to get a cat (or 2) & now i would not like to envisage life without a cat (or 2) and my Boxers!
Definitely not my loss! I lived with one for almost 9 months. That was enough for me! I don't mind my friend's cats, but I don't want to live with them!

Now Dahlia? Freaking mutt LOVES cats. The other day she offered a play bow to a feral cat. Didn't go over so well.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2011, 01:22 AM
I couldn't imagine EVER being without either, I love my dogs for their doggy qualities yet sometimes the cats natural disposition of being more chilled out and less clingy counteracts the dogs natural doggyness and I find it makes me appreciate them both even more.
Interestingly our cats have always numerically outnumbered dogs here which is quite strange, I'm not sure why but theres just always been a small legion which always slightly out does the resident dogs. Three here at present, I'd love an old fashioned siamese or a BSH but I think my current cats would fall out with me!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I couldn't imagine EVER being without either, I love my dogs for their doggy qualities yet sometimes the cats natural disposition of being more chilled out and less clingy counteracts the dogs natural doggyness and I find it makes me appreciate them both even more.
Interestingly our cats have always numerically outnumbered dogs here which is quite strange, I'm not sure why but theres just always been a small legion which always slightly out does the resident dogs. Three here at present, I'd love an old fashioned siamese or a BSH but I think my current cats would fall out with me!
Sounds a nice combination. Id like an olf fashioned Siameses too. Very regal cats.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:35 AM
i love my cats in a completely different way i love my dogs, and cant see myself without having a dog or a cat.

my cats were both from farms where the farmer was going to drown them, they are from different farms litters etc but theres about 3 months between them.

my ginger cat myrtle is a very fiesty cat, and definately thinks she is some kind of royalty. she will come to you when she wants something, meow at you when she wants letting in or out, but other than that god help you. never try and pick her up against her will, you will lose any eye!! shes so cheeky though, and i love laughing at her, but she isnt a big fan of the dogs, she will tolerate them, torture them, be nice to them and do that headbutting thing to them, but only when she wants to get into their food bowls

ezzy on the other hand is a complete babe. she thinks she is a dog! she follows me round the house, and whenever im in she has to be in a place where she can see what im doing, she sleeps on my bed with the dogs, curls up and sleeps with them and plays with them. asbo is her favourite and they are becoming inseperable. she also follows us on walks sometimes

here's some pictures of mine, not got any recent ones need to take some!

myrtle as a kitten

ez cat

one of my favourites of ezzy

in the garden

ezzy with her tongue out

myrtle in one of her favourite places

ezzy and daph

ezzy and asbo

and just found this old one of baby daphni when we had the litter of kittens...

sorry for the overload
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:37 AM
When we had a house we had 5 cats and 3 dogs, loved them all but one shhh be quiet silenced the dogs the siamese were a different matter and drove me mad on more than one occasion. Dogs never came in the kitchen window straight onto the clean worktop or dragged a cooked chicken out of the very same window. No one ever came round and complained my dogs were in their house eating their dogs food but we had several complaints about the cats.
So much as I loved them all for me there is no contest dogs are best.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-01-2011, 09:51 AM
I love both dogs an cats I use to have only cats till we moved into his house 13 years ago then we became a dog family too.

They are so different. I miss the cats but not sure if I will have anymore soon one day I will. I get to fuss Marks little Dizzi for now the naughty little tabby tom cat.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Lovely pictures everyone, enjoyed seeing them, and the vid, Thats a great temperament on that cat for a nosy dog!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
When we had a house we had 5 cats and 3 dogs, loved them all but one shhh be quiet silenced the dogs the siamese were a different matter and drove me mad on more than one occasion. Dogs never came in the kitchen window straight onto the clean worktop or dragged a cooked chicken out of the very same window. No one ever came round and complained my dogs were in their house eating their dogs food but we had several complaints about the cats.
So much as I loved them all for me there is no contest dogs are best.
Your post brought back memories of our first Boxer. Hearimg a thud in the kitchem ( she was 5 1/2 months at time) went toninvestigate & there was madam dragging the turkey she had pulled off the bench up the kitchen - she was a real character.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >