Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How can they do that if you dont have one?
Lived with them before.

That will mean they actually didnt like you.
Cat solicited attention. Got into my lap, wanted petting. I obliged. Cat decided it was done by swiping at my arm and jumping off. Cat was not currently trapped and had been enjoying it.

Again, it would have to have been ON you for you to know that, weird if you dont like them. Cats are far better at "reading" people than dogs.
Again, lived with them before. Wouldn't again.

And I disagree that dogs aren't good at reading people. The dogs I have had always seem to read people pretty well. My dog loves almost everyone but hates my brother. Smart doggy.

Why would they be? A dog has no choice does it?
LOL wtf? Let's see -- if given a choice between staying home sleeping on the couch vs. going for a hike? I wonder which one my dog would choose. Hmmm...
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:49 PM

Moosey at the moment.... Cats are also considerate, he allowed Breeze to breathe underneath him!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Dawn - your Wiggy is just the most beautiful cat ever. Ive heard creams can be one of the more unusual colours?

Lovely website!
Wiggy is wonderful. He is my Cat, not keen on anyone else really. He is probably the smartest too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Lived with them before.
As I said they are good judges of character.

Cat solicited attention. Got into my lap, wanted petting. I obliged. Cat decided it was done by swiping at my arm and jumping off. Cat was not currently trapped and had been enjoying it.
Yep, if they dont like somebody they let them know.

Again, lived with them before. Wouldn't again.
Im pleased......................for the Cat. (kidding)

And I disagree that dogs aren't good at reading people. The dogs I have had always seem to read people pretty well. My dog loves almost everyone but hates my brother. Smart doggy.
Did I say Dogs were not good at reading people?

LOL wtf? Let's see -- if given a choice between staying home sleeping on the couch vs. going for a hike? I wonder which one my dog would choose. Hmmm...
Your dog would chose which one you told it too, the Cat would chose to do as it pleased.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im pleased......................for the Cat. (kidding)
And I'm pleased for me. I'm glad I got to experience living with a cat for 9 months (who wasn't mine). Now I know not to be saddled with one for the rest of my life.

Sadly, I think the cat really DID like me, which was why she wanted to sleep curled up on my head like a freaking hat and wanted to be in my lap all the time (actually, when we broke up and my ex tried to remove her from my lap, she swiped at HIM). But I found the whole cat thing to be seriously annoying.

Did I say Dogs were not good at reading people?
I don't think cats are any better. I think my dog is brilliant at reading people. My brother is a jerk. She won't go anywhere near him. I think she read him quite well. She either ignores some people, LOVES some others, and won't go near some people. The ones she won't go near I'm glad to see it. I tend to think that's good judgment as usually she's been right about what people we should stay away from.

Your dog would chose which one you told it too, the Cat would chose to do as it pleased.
No, my dog would choose to hike because it's interesting. Obviously as an animal she can't just get in the car, drive some place, and go hiking, but if I gave her the choice between coming along or staying home, I know which she'd choose. Personally I like an animal that wants to do things with you.

And the cat can't choose to do what it pleases anymore than a dog can. If I want to take my cat to the vet or stick a harness on it and drag it for a walk, or keep it inside when it wants to go out, it doesn't have much choice now does it?

And if you think cats are so much better that you have to post why on a dog board, in a section on dogs, then why do you even have dogs? This whole post doesn't make much sense. Shouldn't it be in a different section at the very least?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:14 PM
And I'm pleased for me. I'm glad I got to experience living with a cat for 9 months (who wasn't mine). Now I know not to be saddled with one for the rest of my life.

Sadly, I think the cat really DID like me, which was why she wanted to sleep curled up on my head like a freaking hat and wanted to be in my lap all the time (actually, when we broke up and my ex tried to remove her from my lap, she swiped at HIM). But I found the whole cat thing to be seriously annoying.

I don't think cats are any better. I think my dog is brilliant at reading people. My brother is a jerk. She won't go anywhere near him. I think she read him quite well. She either ignores some people, LOVES some others, and won't go near some people. The ones she won't go near I'm glad to see it. I tend to think that's good judgment as usually she's been right about what people we should stay away from.

No, my dog would choose to hike because it's interesting. Obviously as an animal she can't just get in the car, drive some place, and go hiking, but if I gave her the choice between coming along or staying home, I know which she'd choose. Personally I like an animal that wants to do things with you.

And the cat can't choose to do what it pleases anymore than a dog can. If I want to take my cat to the vet or stick a harness on it and drag it for a walk, or keep it inside when it wants to go out, it doesn't have much choice now does it?

And if you think cats are so much better that you have to post why on a dog board, in a section on dogs, then why do you even have dogs? This whole post doesn't make much sense. Shouldn't it be in a different section at the very least?
Oh please stop being so silly! Did you read my opening post? Have a beak will you.... I wont bother answering again, you are obviously wanting an argument. Ill contact a mod and ask them to remove your argumentative posts.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I agree that cats are a million percent easier than dogs (mine, anyway!) and probably smarter too.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm not trying to cause an argument...just stating why I don't think cats are better than dogs.

You're seriously going to contact a mod to have posts that disagree with you removed? Okie dokie.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm not trying to cause an argument...just stating why I don't think cats are better than dogs.

You're seriously going to contact a mod to have posts that disagree with you removed? Okie dokie.
The orginal post was supposed to be light hearted...not a cat vs. dog debate!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Ummm ok. Whatever works I guess.

Yes cats are like 1000000 billion times better than dogs, which is why I have no cats.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >