Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 03:21 PM

Why Cats are simply "better" than Dogs!

This is not meant as a serious thread, but seeing as we have had the dogs chase cat thing, Ill point a few "facts" out.

Cats are better than dogs because:

1. They take seconds, not weeks to house train. You just show them a tray with litter in it, and at just 4 weeks old they use it, without accidents, and they always cover it up afterwards.

2. They are content left for many hours during the day. While the dog may trash the house and bark and howl, the Cat will simply sleep, and will be grateful he can get several of the 20 out of 24hrs sleep he requires in one go, without interruption!

3. A dog needs regular exercise, this is not necessary for Cats, they prefer a stroll and a wander for a few minutes occasionally, or if you can wake them up, they may decide to exert themselves "Playing" for several seconds.

4. Dogs nails need clipping, not Cats! They have perfectly formed retractable weapons that hide perfectly from view, they require no clipping.

5. Dogs eat furniture. Cats do not, however, with the aforementioned "weapons" in mind, Cats are "green" and recycle items when they can. For sharpening claws so they do not require clipping like a dog would, they use already existing equipment like table legs and sofa ends for such chores. They make use of whats available without having to put their owners to extra expense.

6. Cats provide free "alternative" and "natural" therapies for their owners. These include, acupuncture, massage and ex-foliating "washes." The Cat will rest upon you (very gently) then massage you calmly, providing you with a soothing massage after a day at work. They often do sound effects too, purring sounds designed to relax you. When massage is not enough, it extends to acupuncture, only the "needles" do not remain in your skin! They have a superb tecnique of "in and out" while at the same time providing the massage I mentioned earlier, Cats can MULTI-TASK- MALES TOO! If you are very lucky, your Cat will give you a short exfoliating wash. Its reserved for special occasions though, so if you experience this you are most fortunate. Dogs do not provide any of these beneficial treatments, except for licking, which is quite disgusting as they often spend their time outdoors eating faeces that other animals left behind! A Cat would NEVER do such a thing!

7. Dog, plain and simply get in the way. They get in the way of the remote signal when you are lying on the sofa, they get in the way when you want to move from room to room because they are usually stuck in the doorway. They also have an uncanny knack of getting up as you step over them, often resulting in spillage of some description! Cats on the other hand, prefer a high sleeping point. They do this so their owners have a clear view of their home at all times and they will not be distracted or hindered should they wish to change channel or make a coffee.

8. You keep your Cat indoors till its 6mths old, the previous week you removed either its uterus or its testicles, and then you turf it out and close the door! The Cat will be gone off your property for many hours, but will return unaided by itself without sat nav or the dog warden that same day! The dog on the other hand will have undergone extensive "recall" training and may have lived with you for 10yrs, but the second it can get past your legs, it gone!! Never to be seen again!

And they say Dogs are loyal!

So there are just a few points for you to consider.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Agree with all the above, I adore both my dogs and my cats. But, there are definitely more pluses to owning a cat or two, and they don't get in the way like certain other big hairy animals in the house

I know, I am going to end up the old cat lady, with maybe one small dog
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:00 PM

so true! i love my cats, and so want another although i think im still a dog person at heart
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Bloomin' hell Dawn, now I want another cat!!
angieh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:20 PM

Am I mad, now thinking about getting a dog? My two cats are just purrrrfect!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I love my dogs but will always be a cat person at heart
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
This is not meant as a serious thread, but seeing as we have had the dogs chase cat thing, Ill point a few "facts" out.

1. They take seconds, not weeks to house train. You just show them a tray with litter in it, and at just 4 weeks old they use it, without accidents, and they always cover it up afterwards.

2. They are content left for many hours during the day. While the dog may trash the house and bark and howl, the Cat will simply sleep, and will be grateful he can get several of the 20 out of 24hrs sleep he requires in one go, without interruption!

3. A dog needs regular exercise, this is not necessary for Cats, they prefer a stroll and a wander for a few minutes occasionally, or if you can wake them up, they may decide to exert themselves "Playing" for several seconds.

4. Dogs nails need clipping, not Cats! They have perfectly formed retractable weapons that hide perfectly from view, they require no clipping.

5. Dogs eat furniture. Cats do not, however, with the aforementioned "weapons" in mind, Cats are "green" and recycle items when they can. For sharpening claws so they do not require clipping like a dog would, they use already existing equipment like table legs and sofa ends for such chores. They make use of whats available without having to put their owners to extra expense.

6. Cats provide free "alternative" and "natural" therapies for their owners. These include, acupuncture, massage and ex-foliating "washes." The Cat will rest upon you (very gently) then massage you calmly, providing you with a soothing massage after a day at work. They often do sound effects too, purring sounds designed to relax you. When massage is not enough, it extends to acupuncture, only the "needles" do not remain in your skin! They have a superb tecnique of "in and out" while at the same time providing the massage I mentioned earlier, Cats can MULTI-TASK- MALES TOO! If you are very lucky, your Cat will give you a short exfoliating wash. Its reserved for special occasions though, so if you experience this you are most fortunate. Dogs do not provide any of these beneficial treatments, except for licking, which is quite disgusting as they often spend their time outdoors eating faeces that other animals left behind! A Cat would NEVER do such a thing!

7. Dog, plain and simply get in the way. They get in the way of the remote signal when you are lying on the sofa, they get in the way when you want to move from room to room because they are usually stuck in the doorway. They also have an uncanny knack of getting up as you step over them, often resulting in spillage of some description! Cats on the other hand, prefer a high sleeping point. They do this so their owners have a clear view of their home at all times and they will not be distracted or hindered should they wish to change channel or make a coffee.

8. You keep your Cat indoors till its 6mths old, the previous week you removed either its uterus or its testicles, and then you turf it out and close the door! The Cat will be gone off your property for many hours, but will return unaided by itself without sat nav or the dog warden that same day! The dog on the other hand will have undergone extensive "recall" training and may have lived with you for 10yrs, but the second it can get past your legs, it gone!! Never to be seen again!

And they say Dogs are loyal!

So there are just a few points for you to consider.
why do you have dogs then ????
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
False fact before you even started there Dawn..oppps!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I love my dogs but will always be a cat person at heart
Same. While being greeted with a tail wagging so hard it completely makes sitting calmly impossible but he trys anyway is fun... sometimes only a soothing purr can do... then the owner of the purr tries to boot you out of bed and starts snoring her head off.

The dog's hilarious, legs everywhere, total nutter and desperate to please... the cat's prim, proper and has you wrapped around her little paw with you desperate to please HER.

The cat's definitely the smarter one in this equation.

She does do a cracking back massage though - I tend to sleep on my front and she tends to jump onto my back and start kneeding between my shoulder blades
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Cat mad person here too.

Cats rule
No jumping up to go on walks
No mud in car issues

and always pick the warmest spot and dogs act as draught excluders

Love my dogs too
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »