Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How wonderful, for both Jimmychoo and FS.

x0x
Thanks Cuz.....Im hoping they can both learn from each other
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
aww thats lovely hes lovely

they will be good for each other
Here's hoping so....FS has never had anything for keeps, so Im hoping he will want to keep this
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Awwwww he's lovely sis, can't wait to meet him....getting all excited now!!!! He looks so cute with that white face.

We'll be down just after Christmas,
in the week before New Year...weather permitting

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Awwwww he's lovely sis, can't wait to meet him....getting all excited now!!!! He looks so cute with that white face.

We'll be down just after Christmas,
in the week before New Year...weather permitting

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lovely to see you sis xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx yes you will meet him xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I have missed this thread! What a lovely pony, and what a sad start. Good luck to your FS with him
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I have missed this thread! What a lovely pony, and what a sad start. Good luck to your FS with him
Thank you Kirsty.
We have been working hard with him, to overcome his fear of people, seems it is paying off, now he knows my voice and FS voice, and obviously knows we both have lovely treats id he comes to us
Yesterday he actually allowed me to tether him in the stable and groom him as far as his belly which is a wonderful plus as he has never been groomed before and today he was right over the other side of the field my FS called him and he ''''flew'''' over the field to us
Lovely to watch his bond coming on day by day
in the next week or so we'll try a rug, he flipped first time he saw one, but I have been leaving it hanging around the stable, moving it about so he can get used to it and realise its not a 'nasty thing'
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
what a fab pony just watch your fs turn this pony around! we have ponies and they are very loving, i also know a young lad that has fitting problems and hes just got a foal and the bond is unbeliveable they sense things with kids and are very gentle, taking it slowly is the key would love to hear the updates on jimmychoo if thats ok?
what we did with ourfoal when we introduced a rug my hubby let him smell his waxcoat then slipped it on his back kept doing that til he was used to it then introduces a rug let him smell it first rubbed his fur init and he was fine,just to get him to come in the stable must be a challenge that you seem to have mastered well done to you all.
also have to say 10.00 a week is VERY cheap to stable a horse so you got a good place there
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
what a fab pony just watch your fs turn this pony around! we have ponies and they are very loving, i also know a young lad that has fitting problems and hes just got a foal and the bond is unbeliveable they sense things with kids and are very gentle, taking it slowly is the key would love to hear the updates on jimmychoo if thats ok?
what we did with ourfoal when we introduced a rug my hubby let him smell his waxcoat then slipped it on his back kept doing that til he was used to it then introduces a rug let him smell it first rubbed his fur init and he was fine,just to get him to come in the stable must be a challenge that you seem to have mastered well done to you all.
also have to say 10.00 a week is VERY cheap to stable a horse so you got a good place there
I will keep you up-dated, he's taking about 5 to 10 mins to stable now, which is so much better than nearly 2 hours, which is what he was doing when I first had him
My friend is a horse trader and breeder, the field etc is good, but we have just spoken to a neighbouring farmer about another field which will cost me £30 a month, as my friend has several horses and ponies, two of which can be slightly nasty to Jimmychoo and the foal Magic mind Jimmychoo is dealing with it but if we move them two they will have thier own field and stables.....just waiting a reply from the farmer....so fingers xxxxxxx
Yep I've been allowing Jimmychoo to 'play' with the grooming brushes and rugs in his stable, so he is 'trusting' more things now
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Have missed this thread so now you have a pony? the "ark" is growing. Is the foal you speak of yours too?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Have missed this thread so now you have a pony? the "ark" is growing. Is the foal you speak of yours too?
No sadly not. Marie is keeping him though, he was rescued when tinkers left him and Mom, sadly Mom died and Magic has been reared as such, since 4 months he's now 8 months old, he and Jimmychoo love each other.

He's a real ''gypsy'' foal
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
oh, he is gorgeous! your friend sounds lovely!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >