Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
FLASHYSPROKER
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Help - Bitch in first season and stopped doing toilet in garden

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me or explain why this is happening. My bitch is in the middle of her first season and had completely stopped doing the toilet in our back garden (this was never an issue before). We obviously don't really want to be walking her out and about at the moment but have been taking her to secluded areas on a lead of course so she can do her toilet. This is becoming a bit of a problem as husband works away and have young children in house - obviously can't take dog walk and leave kids at night in house alone etc. Could anyone explain why she is not doing toilet in garden. Thanks for help.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Karen where does you dog usually go to relieve herself? Where is she going now?

If she normally goes in the garden I would take her out at very frequent intervals to give her lots of opportunity .
You don't say how old your children are, if your husband is away and you don't wish to leave them alone, could you take them out with you and sit them somewhere or wait until they are in bed.
FLASHYSPROKER
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi I have been taking her out a very frequent intervals to our garden but she just looks at me, I have gone out with her, I have left her and watched her unseen but to no avail, she just sits down and does abso nothing - this is where she would normally go 1st thing in morning and last thing at night and sometimes thru day if weather is pretty bad and we've not got out. She has always been fantastic and peeing to command so this is very out of character!!! My kids are 3, 5 and 7 and I do not want to leave them alone as we have nowhere really that she would go, she is not one of these dogs that goes on the pavement etc it has always been in long grass on wooded areas etc, which means that I would have to walk for at least a mile!!! I'm hoping that this will pass once season is over and she goes back to normal. We will be having her speyed after 3 months, so wont have to go thru this again. Thanks for your help.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-04-2009, 03:00 PM
One of our very submissive females reverts to weeing in the house when she is in season. Even though she will wee on command at any other time and never normally wees in the house.
No matter what I did she didnt stop. I just put it down to her trying to hide the fact she was in season because shes bottom of the pack. It stops as soon as her season stops

Gemma
FLASHYSPROKER
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi,

Oh thats great - I was kind of putting it down to this, but its reassuring to hear that other peoples dogs are doing strange things as well - heres hoping she reverts back once its over.

Thanks for that. Karen.
Meg
Supervisor

28-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Karen you didn't make it clear in your first post, has your bitch started to urinate in the house?
FLASHYSPROKER
New Member!
Female 

28-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi, sorry no she hasn't - she will only do the toilet out a walk.
Meg
Supervisor

28-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by FLASHYSPROKER View Post
Hi, sorry no she hasn't - she will only do the toilet out a walk.
Hi Karen in that case I would just keep taking her out into the garden at regular intervals and she should go if she really needs to..