Female 

24-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Huge congratulations to your daughter.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
My daughter has just passed her driving test. Nothing very special you might think, but my daughter is profoundly deaf. She does wear hearing aids, but only hears very loud noises. So she lipreads. It has been so difficult for her learning to drive as of course she cannot hear the instructor, so has had a few lessons with different schools until she found the right person to teach her, someone who really understands her difficulties. Because obviously she is not able to lipread the instructor and watch the road at the same time. They worked things out between them and got on great. Another problem of course is my daughter could not hear the engine of the car so didn't know when she needed to change gear. All the instructors said she should learn in an automatic, but she said no as she wants to be able to drive manual cars as well. So she has learned when to change gear just by the vibration of the car. This is her first test, she has done so well overcoming all the obstacles that hearing people don't have. I just needed to share it all with you. This is another great boost for her confidence, can you tell I am over the moon.
I think your daughter is a GREAT ACHIEVER, well done to her and well done to you as parents for giving her the confidence,strengh and ability in her early years to over come her disability. You Should all be VERY PROUD.xxxxxxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 03:55 PM
oh thats brill!!!!!

well done !!!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Wow that is amazing, well done to her and to keep going until she found the right person to teacher as she could of given up. Passing first time that is brilliant I never passed first time I was to nervous couldn't stop my leg shaking.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words. It does mean so much to me. It has given her confidence, as she has actually posted on yo photography that she is deaf, it is something she has always hated telling people. I showed her all the well wishes and congratulations I had had from you lovely dogsey people and it gave her the push she needed. Thank you all once again.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 08:42 PM
That's fantastic, well done to her!
I am partially deaf and that's tricky enough sometimes!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Fantastic news, what a great example she is setting to others. No wonder you are so proud
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3