Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
If I'm 'honestly' grounded I'll work from home with a clear conscience and save myself some money anyway.
Hope it doesn't happen to me as I need to get around my dogs,could always jump on my sons bike and tie Kizzy to it,she'd have me finished in no time xxxxxxxxx
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2008, 05:33 PM
They're on strike this weekend, there WILL be fuel shortages in Scotland and the north of England.

Most folks drive around with a quarter tank so they'll be topping up now, the average fuel tank holds 12 gallons so every one will be buying 8 gallons for a top-up, multiply that by the number of cars and vans on the road and the petrol stations will have to introduce a form of rationing.

The last time this happened 5 years ago they had attendants on the forecourts preventing you from taking more than your ration.
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Has the fuel dispute affected anyone yet,, I stood for eight hours solid today at work serving fuel,, anyone would think its going out of fashion tis crazy....
huggles
b-eye
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 08:48 PM
during the first fuel shortages, we just took what we needed not silly amounts like alot of ppl. i remember the bread was short and there was this 1 woman who filled her trolly up with 20 loaves, and no she wasnt buying for an organization,she just didnt want to run out,greedy woman. anyway the crisis was over with a couple of days later.hope she enjoyed all her bread.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i remember the bread was short and there was this 1 woman who filled her trolly up with 20 loaves.
Didn't Denis do something similar with bottled water
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I have visions of you Denis with your sawn off ladder and your big pile of bottled water.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Didn't Denis do something similar with bottled water
No it was my oh ,xxxxxxxxx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Up here, the main depot holds about 3 months' worth, so, with luck, it won't come to anything for us

Snorri
liz
Dogsey Junior

25-04-2008, 12:00 PM
My new car holds 80 liters and is 3/4 ful so won't let it bother me.
It never bothered me last time and i need my car for work, as on public transport its 2 buses and an extra hour & half on my day, sis has a show in malvern this weekend so bet she will be filling up.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I have to admit I topped up the tanks last Friday on the two cars, however, I've curtailed my use of the car, I've only done 10 miles since then.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2