Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
The 'one liner' I used was the only one line relevant to what we were debating - inspection at a TRACK not a kennel.

The statement by Simon Gower refers only to kennel inspections - apart from the 'one liner'. The first paragraph of his statement - which you failed to post reads...........

“Although the new kennel inspection form has been widely praised, there have been some misguided rumours that the detail in the inspection will necessitate a 3-4 hour visit by a vet and incur fees of up to £500".

This thread is long enough without including irrelevant text.
No it wasn't relevant Jodie, read it again.
The whole article is about kennel inspections, including your one liner. The reference made regarding kennelling dogs for racing is simply a comparison made as to how long it may take when inspecting dogs in the kennel enviroment.
The RCVS then clarifies the correct useage of wording between 'inspection' and 'examination'.

The irrevelant text as you put it is important, it is needed to enable a balanced debate to be able to take place, information needs to be given in it's true context.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
At no time as I have said I consider the destruction of a healthy greyhound as an option. I can assure you I don't!
I merely stated you had a choice whether or not to foster those dogs and you chose to take them on.

Are you able to take on every single one that faces destruction? The answer - no you can't, does that then mean you consider destruction of a healthy greyhound as an option - of course you don't.
Stop trying to twist everything I say. It's a bare faced cheek you say your not entirely suprised! As said all my dogs are at home with me as I type!
If as you say - 'At no time as I have said I consider the destruction of a healthy greyhound as an option. I can assure you I don't! - how can you support an industry which over breeds and destroys healthy dogs in their thousands, year after year?

Clearly you must find a level of acceptance with destroying healthy greyhounds to be so actively supportive of greyhound racing.

And you never did tell us the racing names of you dogs.....................
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Estimated dogs destroyed - trackside - due to minor or major injury.
Estimated by whom?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Data or PB sales - as I'm sure you know.
Any dogs that are free on data aren't for racing, I check the updated ads every day, the free ads are nearly always looking 'for a warm sofa'. Or down as 'free' but really as a pup deal. Never seen a dog that can win a race free on there.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:00 PM
In doing so, you are putting your self serving needs - financial or emotional - before the welfare of your dog.

To knowingly risk injury to your dog is a breach of the Animal Welfare Act.
Haha.. sorry but I hope the financial gain comment is tongue in cheek. The money goes one way...and that is OUT!!

Then every person who competes in a sport which includes animals is breaching the so called Animal Welfare Act...
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Speechless.............
I'll enjoy the moment thoroughly.

Can you tell me if a vet is present in parks where dogs are walked and running loose? If not, why not? An animal is likely to get injured.

If my dog is injured at home, he will have to wait the same length of time as if he/she is injured at the track...WHAT is the difference?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:05 PM
They have been 'working on it' for years.

We are living in an age where modern technology permits the placing of a bet half way around the world - yet the GBGB cannot compute the numbers of dogs licensed - injured - retired or destroyed??????
Well if they can't, where do you antis get your figures from?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Yes - exactly. That's why it is an estimate only of between 5,000 and 8,000
Yes, but it could equally be 2000 or 10000, it's an estimation. Not a fact.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:07 PM
If as you say - 'At no time as I have said I consider the destruction of a healthy greyhound as an option. I can assure you I don't! - how can you support an industry which over breeds and destroys healthy dogs in their thousands, year after year?

Clearly you must find a level of acceptance with destroying healthy greyhounds to be so actively supportive of greyhound racing.

And you never did tell us the racing names of you dogs.....................
Please don't tell me what I must find a level of acceptance with. That is such a sweeping statement it is untrue.

No I haven't told you the name of my dogs, don't try to make out I have something to hide by your use of '............' I don't feel I have the need to have to prove to you I am being truthful in what I've said throughout this thread.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Really? You do suprise me. The many owners I've spoken to and dealt with that have re homed a greyhound have done so because they love the breed and know what great pets they make.
Out of all of the breeds we've owned, if I was joe public with 2.4 children and living in the suburbs the only breed I'd go for would be the greyhound.
Page 56 of 157 « First < 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 106 156 > Last »