View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vxvienta
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
my tiny red poodle had the same op nearly two years ago and yes you have to keep them quiet for at least ten days- no running on it or jumping up and down and take for walk to the toilet if you think he will run as it will damage what has been done.
It is very hard for those ten days but it is worth it to see them move and run freely again. You'll probably be given pain killers for the first 3/4 days.
You do a lot of carrying them around
agold
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Hello My Beautiful little boy (3 year old - Shih Tzu) had a luxating patella operation almost 2 weeks ago. He appeared to be recovering quite well & I guess excited that he could move around better, the area around surgery site is now swollen with fluid, I've tried to put a compression bandage on it but he has it off in seconds... I've been trying to keep him quiet, but does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the swelling? Otherwise I think he'll have to take some medication & I don't really want him to have any more medication than he needs to.. Your help is appreciated.
Angela
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by agold View Post
Hello My Beautiful little boy (3 year old - Shih Tzu) had a luxating patella operation almost 2 weeks ago. He appeared to be recovering quite well & I guess excited that he could move around better, the area around surgery site is now swollen with fluid, I've tried to put a compression bandage on it but he has it off in seconds... I've been trying to keep him quiet, but does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the swelling? Otherwise I think he'll have to take some medication & I don't really want him to have any more medication than he needs to.. Your help is appreciated.
Angela
I'm sorry to hear this.
I have just been chating to someone who had the same problem.
Please take your dog to the vet, because this could cause the surgery to fail
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2