Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 07:25 PM

Jess 1st Walkies!

Heya,

As many of you know I have been keenly anticipating the first walk of my 11wk old Northern Inuit Jess.

Well today was the day!

Me and my partner got up early and took her out before he went to work.
She wouldnt step out of the house even with encouragement, I think this was due to either me telling her no on previous attempts, or the fact it was wet and drizzling.

So Marcus picked her up and we got in the car and drove to the park, its only a few minutes away but we wanted to take her somewhere that wasnt surrounded by roads 1st.

We carried her across the road where we parked and when in the park we put her down, she hadnt taken 2 steps when a muscular staffiexbulldog (what we think the dog was anyway) went up 2 her and poked her and sniffed her, she was terrified so Marcus picked her up once more untill he had gone.
She was very timid after that, kept sitting down, not moving and tripping us over, trying to be as close to us as physically possibe without being in our arms.
She was a bit better after a few minutes, she saw her 1st flower and sniffed it, wish I remembered the camera!

After that she had another little walk with just me at dinner time, she was a little better but kept stopping and sitting down, however, she loved it when people stopped stroaked and praised her, all of them asked me her breed... I finally got to show off my puppy!

On the third walk of the day she was much better, positively excited about it, she sniffed everywhere, was very curious and she even tried to run around, she has to learn mummy cant do that yet but im very proud of her!

She didnt understand when some young lads didnt stop to stroak her though, she looked back at them as if to say 'hello, im cute!'' lol

She did really well, cant wait untill tomo morning now, I will def take pictures! :smt026
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Diesel went out for his first walk today too

He did surprise me because i thought pups are supposed to be terrible on their first walk but he was more interested in chasing the leaves
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Aww thats nice to hear, I bet he is as tired out as Jess is now, she is exhausted, fast asleep...

Did he enjoy himself then?

Jess tried to fetch leaves home too, and eat stones disturbingly...
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Awww glad both your puppies enjoyed their first walks I remember my GSD's first walk - he was such a bloomin wimp - a golden retriever barked at him and he was going to run back home I also had trouble with him stopping and he put the brakes on halfway down to my kids school and I ended up carrying the 3 stone lump back again - everyone was laughing
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:16 PM
great to hear her first walks went ok ,she'll soon be used to all the strange new things outside
Kira hunted down leaves in the garden when she was a little pup too
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 09:41 PM
We had my mum's pup staying with us when Bongo was that age, so Bongo and Meg had their first walk together:

Bless 'em, they were sooooooo cute
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Glad to hear you've finally been able to take Jess out...you will probably find instead of sniffing flowers she will bite the heads off thats what Inka and Kain do, it was funny when the Dandylions were at the seed stage they always had hairy jock moustaches lol...