Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2023, 06:23 AM

Talking Thursday 17th August 2023

Morning all. Yep I expect lots of you will be talking to someone. No idea who I will be talking to. Probably Tesco delivery person as that comes today and then who knows? Barry I blame everything that goes wrong on my computer. It surely can't be the inputter? To give you all a laugh, my Tesco receipt has been emailed to me and there is one substitution: A bouquet of red and orange roses has been substituted for a bouquet of red and orange roses. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2023, 08:23 AM
Good morning Breda have a good day. I like the substitution

Hope mum is improving Kelly.

Very warm today. Teazle walked and washing on the line. I was late to bed, gone 1.30am, but had to be up to get Ben up and on his way home by 8.00am. I expect the girls will be back in bed again by now. They all enjoyed themselves and Maria was on a real high so difficult to bring her down and get her to bed

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-08-2023, 10:07 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Warm here too and washing also on the line.
We have for the first time in quite a few days, no deliveries, no one visiting, just us pottering and catching up on having an easy day or two.

Sue you must be worn out. I hope you have a restful day.
brenda that made me laugh about the substitution.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2023, 10:30 AM
Morning all,
Thank you sue, there's no improvement yet but she's doing all she's supposed to.
They were due on holiday but it's had to be cancelled, my dad hurt his back....fine, mum was losing about £400 and I said so you won't be out drinking on Friday then if you can't go on holiday? He said yes, if his back was o.k! I went mental, he thinks it's o.k to make my mum lose all that money because his backs bad and then he can go drinking....I don't think so. My brother is as much use as a chocolate tea pot, he just doesn't get it....only time he will be interested is when the house has to be sold when the time comes. As Steve said, he won't care until the pounds come rolling in
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2023, 12:26 PM
Well to make you laugh even more, the roses tuened up and were all red and a couple were broken so they have refunded me and I keep the roses that are ok. Plus a bonus extra flower food.lol!! Kelly I hope you are ok and don't sound off to your dad, just ignore him. The hassle isn't worth the aggro.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-08-2023, 02:46 PM
bit more on water butt supply

[IMG][/IMG]

yet another minor MR Bodget fix. The small wood gutter hanging support to hold the gutter up he made the same size.
As the far end is lower than the near end in the photo what he did was to make the gutter twist. Consequently the downpipe didn't fit snugly into the end gutter section.
This has been bugging me for ages so this afternoon made another wood support for the far end a bit longer so now the gutter doesn't twist and the downpipe is square to the end gutter section