Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 06:58 AM
I notice Boobah aint posted a pic of the bonnet up

It broke my heart when I lifted it up and saw the state of the engine bay, I gave Thee Boobah this car 3 years ago, it was immaculate, you could've eaten your dinner off the engine it was so clean.

The problem started last year with a small oil leak from the camshaft cover, the oil was leaking onto the hot exhaust manifold causing the car to smell of burned oil, I had intended to do the job months ago but I've been so busy with the house repairs.

Anyways, I told her to check the oil level once a week till I had the time fix it, did she listen to me, no, my advice passed right through like the cotton buds she uses to clean her ears how long does it take to check the oil level in a car, about 5 seconds.

Before I started working on it I checked the oil level, it was'nt even registering on the dipstick so I drained out what oil there was left and the engine was 4 pints short of oil the sump capacity is 9 pints, it's a 2 litre 16 valve engine and NEEDS all that oil.

When I removed the camshaft cover the spark plug recesses were full of oil, how it never miss-fired I'll never know, the whole engine had to be washed down and de-greased, as I've said, the engine bay was filthy, is your house like that Boobah, no it aint, so why let your car get like that ? all it takes is an old rag to wipe it over occasionally.

Thee mighty Boobah needs a kick up the backside don't she folks, never mind, it's not leaking now (I hope).
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I forgot she took this photo of the finished job last night.

The before photo was never taken as I did'nt want the camera lens covered in grime.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:39 AM
So what you're saying is we have to take your word over Boobahs that the car was neglected? Also, you're saying you can't provide proof of the neglect. Sounds to me like you just trying to ruin a good womans name. Shame on you.

Heidi
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
So what you're saying is we have to take your word over Boobahs that the car was neglected? Also, you're saying you can't provide proof of the neglect. Sounds to me like you just trying to ruin a good womans name. Shame on you.

Heidi
Ok,ok hands up to some of it but not all of it .I was checking the oil but he doesn't believe me.It lay in the drive for weeks as I was using oh's jeep and before I took it out I did all the usual checks as I normally do but this week he's been smoking and when I say smoking I mean smoking.Pulled up outside Shonas and Dougie said wtf Lorraine,I said oh I know Denis has been meaning to fix it for mnths and hasn't got round to it.He got on the phone to Denis and voila Denis asks me to pop over yesterday and fixes it for me .A grand job he did of it too

I soooooo love this car as he hasn't caused me much grief at all,guess with Denis owning it before me has it's bonuses Was going to sell it as oh was going to get me a new one but why get rid of summit thats soooooo reliable in the first place .So how much did this cost me to have fixed at Denis's garage,a grand total of £60 all in and a load of earache

Parting words are cheers dad all your efforts are very much appreciated xxxxxxxx
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Denis I know exactly how you feel, the kids of today just don't know how to look after a car.

My youngest daughter doesn't even know how to (or is it won't in case she breaks a nail) change a tyre if she gets a puncture. On more than one occasion I have had to go out to her and be her knight in shining armour.

I think that she needs to be given some sort of punishment for allowing her engine bay to get so dirty. How about she has to wash and polish all your cars while you sit in your garden with a cold one admiring your down pipes and guttering?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Denis I know exactly how you feel, the kids of today just don't know how to look after a car.

My youngest daughter doesn't even know how to (or is it won't in case she breaks a nail) change a tyre if she gets a puncture. On more than one occasion I have had to go out to her and be her knight in shining armour.

I think that she needs to be given some sort of punishment for allowing her engine bay to get so dirty. How about she has to wash and polish all your cars while you sit in your garden with a cold one admiring your down pipes and guttering?

lol colin,, if only he just had his kids to worrie about,, he gets the odd rescue dumpped at the gate,.{ bad me} but being the kinda guy he is,, he takes them in and gets them back to health,,
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
lol colin,, if only he just had his kids to worrie about,, he gets the odd rescue dumpped at the gate,.{ bad me} but being the kinda guy he is,, he takes them in and gets them back to health,,
Shona that wasn't your fault blame Dougie .Come to think about it he never posted anything about yours and he was at yours a lot longer than mines .Come on Denis lets be having it,what was Shonas car like then xxxxxxxxxx
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I forgot she took this photo of the finished job last night.

The before photo was never taken as I did'nt want the camera lens covered in grime.
Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what about taking a short trip over here and working your magic on my poor beast as the mech's over here only seem to know where their a$re$ are and not the leaks
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post

Heidi
No Heidi, shame on her, she said she checked the oil level every week as I suggested, there's no way that car leaked nearly 4 pints of oil in seven days, I aint a mug ya know.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Shona that wasn't your fault blame Dougie .Come to think about it he never posted anything about yours and he was at yours a lot longer than mines .Come on Denis lets be having it,what was Shonas car like then xxxxxxxxxx
OK, I'll spill the beans, it was boggin mechanically, it was so bad I had to change the oil twice even so I've advised Dougie to bring it back for a further oil change in 3 months time.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >