Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 05:07 PM

Scrap Metal Collectors again - had the police round

Walking back from the park this morning I saw someone in next door's garden. The old guy that lived next door has gone to live with his son so we try to keep an eye on the house.

I peeped around and asked if I could help and the lad threw something into the grass and did a runner around the back... so... like Jamie Summers herself ( ) I headed him off on the side exit with Takara in tow and asked what he was doing in the garden.

'What the F***s it got to do with you?' came the reply.

Now, if there's one thing I can't stand it's people just taking what doesn't belong to them. Takara knew I wasn't happy and that he was being threatening because she started on a low growl (my little star!).

'Because he's my next door neighbour' I said and the lad said 'I'm just fixing up his garden like he asked me to'.

I said 'oh you've got permission have you?!' He said 'yeah, ask the guy in there'.

To which I got very angry and said 'Ha! You haven't though have you, you little tw@t?! Because he's not in there and you'd know that if you'd spoken to him!!!!'

By now there's lots of people watching the mad rambling woman screaming at a teenage lad in a baseball cap who's scrap metal pick up is coming to collect him...

So the lad said 'look, I'll get him on the phone and bring it round for you to talk to him'

'Yeah ok, I could do with talking to him anyway' I said, knowing full well he wouldn't be coming back so as soon as I got back into the house I called the police and told them the details. I didn't get the pick ups reg number unfortunately and by the time they got here they'd gone (they did hang around a while).

They said that they'd smashed the lock on the door, most likely to get the boiler out as it's worth a lot to them, being copper. So they've secured it and hopefully I'll see the little sod again and get the registration number or his balls - whichever's easier

Little scrotes - what makes them think they have the right to just take?!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 05:12 PM
sadly that's the way of the world these days. There is a section of society that believes they don't have to work for anything and can just take whatever they want from whomever, they have no conscience.
Well done you though.
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Well done for seeing him off Lottie, I'm sure your nextdoor neighbour will be very grateful.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Well done you......
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Well done you.
Little sod, it make me mad when they get away with it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL Teddysmum - I saw red when he said 'yeah ask him' - what cheek people have!! Not only do they take without permission but then tell you they've spoken to the guy in the house - who's currently in a different bleedin city!!!!!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 02:09 PM
that's terrible... good on you for sorting him out! some people are beyond me..
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 06:24 PM
id keep a close eye on his property. as they know hes not there, they might come back in the night,
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh Lottie - Good for you and good for Takara too for looking after her Mum.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Go Lottie. Let's hope they don't come back again, although if they do I'm sure Takara would enjoy a bit of 'rump steak' I'm sure.

Heidi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >