Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 01:04 PM

1 week to go & we can go walkies!!

It'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday since Tilly started her season, so 1 more week to be sure & then we can resume proper walks. How will I know it's safe to let her off lead? The day I counted as Day 1 was the day she started bleeding, at the end of that week her bits were really swollen. She stopped bleeding about 5 days ago (just a tiny bit now & again now) and she started humping teddybear last week omitting a skunk like smell as she did so! Also on the 2nd week she wouldn't be stroked at all & was very sensitive.
She's started being a lickle bit naughty again when she's bored - but not as much as before. She's a lady now
The really good things are that she's brilliant on her lead now as she's had only lead walks on pavement & sits automatically to cross the roads. She's learnt loads of new tricks & good manners & has become very loyal to me
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Nearly there then

When the 4 weeks are up, I'd give her a bath to get rid of any lingering scents on her coat and then I'd lead walk her through a dog popular area, watching for the reaction between her and other dogs. If things seem normal, I'd let her off the lead.

Glad that the 'solitary confinement' has had benefits - don't forget to carry on with the games and training etc. once she can go on normal walks
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Nearly there then

When the 4 weeks are up, I'd give her a bath to get rid of any lingering scents on her coat and then I'd lead walk her through a dog popular area, watching for the reaction between her and other dogs. If things seem normal, I'd let her off the lead.

Glad that the 'solitary confinement' has had benefits - don't forget to carry on with the games and training etc. once she can go on normal walks
Thanks Hali - she's going to the groomers at the end of this week, she needs a good clipping & she stinks!
I will def keep up with the training & games & start the silver KC award classes soon. Good job I didn't start straight after she finished her bronze - I had a feeling it wasn't the right time so must have known.
Stripe
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
It'll be 3 weeks on Tuesday since Tilly started her season, so 1 more week to be sure & then we can resume proper walks. How will I know it's safe to let her off lead? The day I counted as Day 1 was the day she started bleeding, at the end of that week her bits were really swollen. She stopped bleeding about 5 days ago (just a tiny bit now & again now) and she started humping teddybear last week omitting a skunk like smell as she did so! Also on the 2nd week she wouldn't be stroked at all & was very sensitive.
She's started being a lickle bit naughty again when she's bored - but not as much as before. She's a lady now
The really good things are that she's brilliant on her lead now as she's had only lead walks on pavement & sits automatically to cross the roads. She's learnt loads of new tricks & good manners & has become very loyal to me
Tillymint well done on what I consider to be an excellent post its nice to see people asking for help when they are unsure about something.
I normally segregate for about 28 days during season then present to a friends dog both on lead to make sure that she is out of season (she will not stand)
Just goes to show that there are responsible owners out there who do not need to have a spayed/neutered animal.
All the best
Stripe