Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aman0
New Member!
Male 

25-09-2006, 06:27 PM

Food probs - help?!?!

I've got an 8 week old Irish Staffy, he was fed adult mixer with wet food (all Pedigree).

When he came to ours my mum gave him some cat food (Whiskas)!!!!!! But he loved it and he wont eat dry food, mixer or wet dog food, he will only eat Whiskas at the minute, what can i do?

Thanks
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 06:32 PM
If it was me, personally, I would stick the food down (dog food), and leave it down for 30mins.

Doesn't eat it? Take it up.

A dog won't starve itself to death!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:49 PM
I personally would take him off the cat food right away - its not good for dogs because it is too high in protein for them. Try Nature diet its a really good food and not much more than a tin of Whiskas. You can buy it from pets at home and it comes in a few different flavours and most dogs love it. I think Nature diet do puppy food in their range.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 08:52 PM
I agree with Foxy, Diesel would much rather eat our cats food but its not very good for them, i would do like Bodhi said put down the dog food and if he doesnt eat it he goes without, he will soon change his mind.

Good luck

Jules
xxx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2006, 09:37 PM
i think given the choice many dogs would prefer cat food ...but its not designed for dogs so will not give your pup the right protiens etc.... plus at 8 weeks changing foods around will make your pup fussy

stick to the correct dog food
aman0
New Member!
Male 

26-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks, he was a bit off yesterday and vomited! But today he was fine and was eatin away at the puppy food like it was cat food ;P

Thanks Foxy, it's actually Nature diet that we got for him!!

But again a big thanks to all of you guys for helpin