View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I know both the owners said they contacted the breeders prior to giving them up to rescue - but are you sure? totally 100% sure.

I know that some owners can be very embarrassed at the fact they have to give up a dog and say they've contacted the breeders when in fact they haven't and won't because they don't want to admit to them they've made a mistake.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Well can never be sure but I asked if he had a contract when they bought him and they said no they were very nice genuine people.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not allowed to post pictures of my foster dogs or even say their real name.

Do the owners not mind Kcjack?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:12 PM
The dog doesnt belong to the owners it belongs to us now as they legally signed over they relenquish ownership.. And we have to post pics of them and details how else we find them homes.
Can I ask who you foster for sarah 27 seems strange your not allowed to talk about your fosters?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I was just thinking, going on kateMs thought, what happens if they haven't contacted the breeder, and then the breeder finds out that the dog has gone into rescue and been neutered?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:19 PM
It would all depend if they signed a contract when they bought the dog which is very rare so then it would be the owners who are in breach of contract not us. I believe the best thing we can do for the dogs is to have them neutered then they cant be taking advantage off.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Ok then, thanks for that.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
The dog doesnt belong to the owners it belongs to us now as they legally signed over they relenquish ownership.. And we have to post pics of them and details how else we find them homes.
Can I ask who you foster for sarah 27 seems strange your not allowed to talk about your fosters?
Since Sarah isn't online...

As far as I am aware, she takes in dogs for the Freedom Project, which is a charity (I think) that helps abused women etc get out of abusive relationships etc. Often they can't take dogs with them to shelters and the like, so people like Sarah foster the dogs until the owners are back on their feet.

She can't post pictures cos a) it's someone else's dog, and b) they don't want the dog etc being identified by the person the owner is trying to get away from

(Sarah27, please correct me if I'm wrong!)
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:23 PM
A-ha that makes sense why she cant post her fosters obviously case the husbands try to get dog or find wives. What a great project as well.
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2009, 04:26 PM
What an utterly fabulous project.
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »