Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 10:25 PM

Arrow

I really regret not making a diary type thing of Jake's progress from a pup, so I decided that I will do one with Arrow

Arrow is a Border Collie, and was born on the 23rd of March 2012.

He has been here 4 days now, and has certainly settled in. He is a crazy wee pup, much more crazy than I remember Jake being... I'm not sure, however, if that is a true memory or just how I like to remember it

He has been really good at night, he does whine and wake me up but he settles quickly, and I have been getting reasonable sleeps. When he is awake, he is a little devil. He is in at EVERYTHING. I have had to completely block off under my bed (right now he is having a fit trying to find a space to get under it), and he loves to investigate everything.

His favourite 'game' is hanging off your trouser leg as you attempt to walk... Fun for him, not so fun for us (I can hear pitiful whines just now, as he is giving up find a way under the bed).

His favourite sleeping place is on the lowest shelf of the coffee table I think he likes that it is cool, because it is glass. He seems to prefer lying on the laminate floor and coffee table shelf, to the like of the carpet or bed. Even in his crate, he doesn't lie on the bed I set up for him... he lies on the plastic bit that is meant for him to toilet on if he needs during the night.

His toilet training is coming on ok, he is learning to pee when outside and I think once he gains more control of his bladder, he will be fast on the road to being house trained. He is already standing at the back door, but he always pees before we get a chance to let him out. He hasn't been able to spend too much time outside, because of all the rain.

He is learning 'sit' and will now sit when I have a treat, he hasn't yet clicked to the word, but I really don't think it will be long until he has.

Anyway, this is Arrow.

3 weeks old...

5 weeks

7 weeks

He had his vaccination today, and had a general check up. The vet loved him, and said what a confident and sociable pup he is. She weighed him, and he is 4.2kg
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 10:37 PM
What a great idea, I very much look forward to following the progress of this lovely pup. He sounds and looks great fun
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Oh, he definitely is fun... He is a crazy boy I just wish I did this with Jake, will be interesting to look back on years down the line and see the ups and downs that we will have.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 07:19 PM
He looks lovely, I have looked at the thread pics of him too
Very cute!

Hope him and Jake begin to bond with eachother soon, I think its normal for dogs to take a while to aclimatise to eachother.

Will look forward to updates