Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 10:42 PM

Scotrail No Ticket...

Has anyone seen this youtube video? It has been watched worldwide... and am I one of the few people who think 'Big Man' was totally totally in the wrong? Yeah, sure the 'kid' seems to be in the wrong, but regardless, that doesn't give reason for 'Big Man' to act how he did...

Maybe it is just me...
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I thought the opposite. Good on the "big man" - I'd be applauding him if I was there! Too many kids today think they are untouchable. The lad was in the wrong and hopefully this put a dent in his ego. I bet he won't do it again.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:06 PM
But, thats where knowing all the information should come in. We don't know what has happened before the guy starts filming... the conductor can offer him to pay it later and a bill sent to his house etc, but we don't know if that was offered and refused etc, or just not offered at all. Also, the 'kid' said in the paper that he did have a ticket, but he was half asleep after having an exam so thinks he must have handed him the wrong ticket.

Regardless though, of whether he was in the wrong (which, I do think he could have handled it better)... the guy should NEVER have touched him in that way, and physically throw him out of the train in such an aggressive manner. And I was glad to read that HE is being spoken to by the police (I can't remember to what extent, but it was in the paper today)... the 'kid' (I think his name is Sam) has cuts all over his face! It was sheer violence.

The conductor also should not have said 'yes' when 'Big Man' asked if he wanted him to get him off the train... That was totally wrong too.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:06 PM
What labradork said and I never believe anything I read in the paper.

Yes I am sure the guy was totally innocent just like the girl jailed for 10 months for theft during the riots. I heard her mother on the radio,

She does not have a record.

Er yes love she does, she got a caution.

She just picked something up in a shop

Yes love that is shoplifting.

She only picked up the trainers on that day to fling

Fling at what?

She only put the gloves on for fun she was not going to steal them.

Too little consequences for people and dogs in life, no wonder half of them are delinquents.

He was half asleep and gave the wrong ticket?

How many rail tickets was he carrying then?

Some people think everyone else is as gormless as them.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I thought the opposite. Good on the "big man" - I'd be applauding him if I was there! Too many kids today think they are untouchable. The lad was in the wrong and hopefully this put a dent in his ego. I bet he won't do it again.
Ditto. He wasn't violent, he just got the job done and saved everyone a lot of bother.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Must just be me then
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Ditto. He wasn't violent, he just got the job done and saved everyone a lot of bother.
I don't think that can be classed as not violent... chucking someone on their face? So they end up with cuts and grazes?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:11 PM
A young chancer who thinks the rules that the rest of us abide by gets his comeuppance - heck no, I don't think the big guy was in the wrong at all.

He took charge of the situation with very little violence and the lad suffered the consequence of both his attempt to ride for free, his foul language and his bad attitude.

Good on the guy!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I just don't understand how people think they can behave in such a way... It wasn't that guys job to do...
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I get so sick of hearing yobs like that lad on the streets, swearing every other word and, with their attitude, intimidating people.

This particular lad didn't get away with it. If the police do speak to the guy who threw him off, I hope it's to give him a big well done! - Doubtful in this day and age, but we can only hope
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »