Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
No its the truth gave him a bit of an unfair advantage I thought.

http://www.biogs.com/xfactor/quinn.html
Thanks Carole, I'm suprised my mum didn't tell me, she was addicted to Brookie! I wonder if I know something about the soaps that she doesn't, (It'll be a first, lol)
Yes, I think he had an unfair advantage having read the details on that link.
Still, Leona shone through to win it.
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 11:35 PM
i havent needed to watch any of it my family have been telling all about it they went a little nuts over it they all wanted her to win so i am sure there were all dancing in front of the tv with joy
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 11:41 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooo I watch the repeats on ITV2 so have been trying not to find out who won
I wanted Ray to win He's got more sparkle. Leona has an amazing voice but I don't think she's unique enough
Good luck to them both anyway
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I think her voice is world class and believe she will be around for a long long time. Ray is a great entertainer and well done to Ben also who is a local lad
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 12:09 AM
I wanted Leona to win all the way through the contest, loved Ben but didnt see the essence in his eyes like Ray & Leona.
Ray will go far, he has a uniqueness & quality that Ive not seen in a young star for a long time.
Leona has so much potential and you can see with her & Ray how much they have grown & learnt along their journey.
Leona will go far, this is just the beginning of a huge career for that young & stunning lady.
I for one will buy her cd when it comes out!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Well done Leona a true winner!

Ray was dire couldn't see him seling many CDs
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Something wrong with Pete and I then as we thought it a fiddle that Leona won as she appears at first hearing to have a good voice but she cannot touch the lower register at all, has not in any of her songs, you would think a so called expert like SCowell would have noticed, so we think it been set up from the start to earn him big money x
frazer
New Member!
Male 

17-12-2006, 05:58 PM
i am so glad leona won i think she was amazing from the start , i never missed one episode i was nearly in tears last night
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 06:25 PM
To be honest I only watch the heats to see how bad some of the singers are, then watch the final.

I must admit though I wanted Leona to win as she can actually sing. I thought Ray was pants. Even my OH who hates X Factor admitted she should win..... and he's always right
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I was SOOOOOO willing Leona to win, her voice brings me out in goose bumps, it probably was fixed because she has commercial potential that Ray doesn't - good at what he does, but a limited appeal - and the blue rinse brigade don't spend much on CD's!!!
The song that is being released was so clearly written for Leona, Ray made a hash of it and there was simply no comparison when Leona sang it.
Voting being close? I doubt it. Just a tactic to make more people vote so they could rake in a few more ŁK......

Having said that, the final was a great show, very entertaining, I did wonder how they would spin out one sentence to a whole hour, but it was done well.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >