View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:03 AM

Back at the vets again for poor Muprhy (Rottie) (Elbow dysplasia)

Murphy went a tad lame in his front left leg last Thursday and the vet told me to make him rest up as Murphy does have ED in that elbow (, but we took him back to the vets last night as his lameness was still there - it seems that Murphy's ED may have got worse and will be referred back to the orthapaedic surgeon who will no doubt x-ray him, it's gonna be one of two ways forward, up the medication or if it's really bad they will need to operate (I have a bad feeling it will be the latter)

Considering what my boy has been through since May of this year and the fact his last op was only in September, it does seem so unfair and he's only just worked his way up to full exercise again and now again it will be restricted to lead walks.

Poor Murphy, if it was raining soup he'd be given a knife & fork
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Oh no!!! What a blow Stephanie Poor Murphy, he has been through more than enough lately so I sincerely hope that a little more rest & restricted exercise will do the trick. I shall go out and kick a wall for you! Give him 3 Bonios from me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Aw Steph poor Murphy after all he has coped with not the news you want to hear right now (hug)

I wonder if being unable to walk properly has put extra strain on the other joints causing the ED to get worse prematurely.

Lets look on the bright side and assume they will increase the medication so an op won't be needed just yet.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:25 AM
sorry to hear steph .....hugs to you all
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Oh no!!! What a blow Stephanie Poor Murphy, he has been through more than enough lately so I sincerely hope that a little more rest & restricted exercise will do the trick. I shall go out and kick a wall for you! Give him 3 Bonios from me
Lol SB, make sure you've got steel toecaps on when you kick that wall, wouldn't want you with a broken toe

I would give him 3 bonios from you but the vet said as an added precaution Murphy could do with losing a few pounds (not that he needs to as i already keep him very lean because of his legs) just to help keep the weight of his legs.

Murphy sends a sloppy Rottie kiss and thanks you for your well wishes
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Aw Steph poor Murphy after all he has coped with not the news you want to hear right now (hug)

I wonder if being unable to walk properly has put extra strain on the other joints causing the ED to get worse prematurely.

Lets look on the bright side and assume they will increase the medication so an op won't be needed just yet.
Thank you Mini

The vet did say it would most probably be becausue of the extra strain on the joint from when he had his TPLO op and all the subsequent problems he had after

I am really really hoping that all we need to do is up his medication, but even then, how long would that last for ?

Murphy sends a special Rottie kiss to you too
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Everything crossed for Murphy.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

20-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Oh thats a blow, poor Murph

Have you tried any supps fish oil, glucosamine etc?
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 09:53 AM
oh no steph
am so sorry to hear that murphy is poorly again
give him a big hug from me harley and the girls
xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Oh I'm sorry to hear that Stephanie, lets hope it isnt anything serious.
Dawn.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >