View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2016, 07:06 AM
I would have thought that the vets could have tested her poo while she was there. Maybe it is because she didn't do enough for them to test and if they are testing for campylobacter and maybe giardia they need fresh samples over the day. Still I am pleased to hear she is home and hope that she gets better everyday.
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2016, 07:51 AM
she is very happy this am she is on 3 lots of meds at the moment but doing great
yes for some reason they need a sample from sat , mon and wed all in the same pot ? they are going to test for 3 things cant remember all the names though xx
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Sounds like they will be testing for giardia and also campylobacter. Do dogs get clostridium - not sure, but that could be the third.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Get in touch with Trevor Cooper at Doglaw, you've enough evidence now for a Civil Action for payment of vets bills, legal fees and your money refunded. Also the Kennel Club as these dogs are allegedly KC reg, let's see if they are, the KC can also take action against them.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Just one caution about the term KC reg. My older Beag is a rescue who began life in 'that' puppy farm. Unusually for a rescue organisation, I was given all his paperwork, which included a flashy registration document for an unofficial companion dog club, which is purely run as a business. When I re-registered my boy with our KC, (Activity register, and under a completely new name), I tried to interest them in the fact that commercially bred puppies were being advertised as kennel club registered, (note no capital letters), when these clubs were completely unofficial. In my opinion this is misrepresentation, but I don't think that it is actually illegal as long as the puppy comes with a registration certificate of some description.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I think all this needs highlighting Carol,there is the Dog Lovers Registration Club (I think thats what its called) which lots ofpeople are under the impression is do with the KC, and like you say Carole many variations all designed to give the impression that their breeding is all above board, and as we know there are many many unwary people falling for all sorts of scams.
I really do wish more research was undertaken before taking the step of even going to view a litter. I have phone calls all the time from people who have read my site and the warnings on it AFTER they have put a deposit on a puppy which is advertised as something it definitely isn't. Yet still it goes on and still we get cases such as this where the poor puppy nearly dies, huge vet bills are incurred, the most amazing lies are told, and believed by the purchaser who is then thrown into the Pit Of Despair within days of this and finds out none of what they were told, and believed, was true, it was all a fabrication designed to get their money with as little outlay involved as possible
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2016, 07:27 PM
so worms are still coming out theses are very small bits not roundworms like she first had she had her last lot of wormer on sunday so i hope thats got them all she was badly infested
she has been actually playing today such a happy pup yeeee we are getting there slowly x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Aw, that's lovely. It's so wonderful to see them playing after such a worry. Give her a big hug from me x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Those could be bits of tapeworm, you've got young children, can you get this for her https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bayer-Dront...y+wormer+100ml
I use this or Panacur Liquid Guard 10% for puppy worming
Glad she's showing a bit of life now, keep giving her small meals at short intervals so you don't overload her system
C.J
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2016, 09:17 PM
added to basket thank you x
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »