View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Sorry J - didnt wanna frighten you about the mice Im sure you would have seen evidence of it by now if there was one-

does she chew the carpets in any other rooms? Or just when shes left in the hall?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Donna

Luna gets 2 stuffed frozen kongs every day. Uhm the sandbox is a big no no. I dont have room for it.

Obedience training is something I'm gonna try. We normally only do it at training sunday morning.

Lel: Its okay. I'm sure its not a mouse. I only have (or rather had) carpet in the hall. Have taken it off today. She's been at it again today.

And I even got up at 4.45 am to walk her 30 minutes, darn it!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Got an advice from a danish dog site, would like your thoughts on it!

2 different women did the same thing.

Their dogs has no toys or chews or kongs when home alone. The toys and the other things are only present ehen they, the owners are home.

So when they leave in the morning, the dog is told to go to their blanket/basket whatever and stay there. Gets some treats and off mummy goes.

Its meant to be so that the dog sleep while I'm away and is awake and playing when I'm home

Wot do u guys think?

If u like, any ideas to HOW I just do this. Luna gets 2 kongs and a chew....
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 08:23 PM
How do they know their dogs stay there ? Surely a dog needs to get up and stretch its legs etc throughout the day ?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Yes but apparently they wont be playing.....

Its rather boring aint it?
kimbastaff
Dogsey Junior

30-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Got an advice from a danish dog site, would like your thoughts on it!

Its meant to be so that the dog sleep while I'm away and is awake and playing when I'm home
I'd have to ask a few questions first.......... how old are the dogs... and what breed are they........ how long r they away.......

Donna
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 01:50 PM
I know that one of the dogs, Misja, is a lab x and about 3 years old. But this have apparently been done since she was a pup.

I dont know if I got it explained correctly. Its 2 different people not related in anyway and the dogs are in 2 different houses.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 02:25 PM
I think I understand the theory - Mum's not here, you kip.

Haven't a clue if it would work but i do know that barring anything else to do dogs like to sleep. Wild dogs/dog types are either eating/hunting/playing if they're little/procreating if they're not so little OR, if none of the above is a possibility, they are sleeping or dozing.

We may have taken them too far from their wild roots for this to succeed now.

There's also a theory that the passage of time means nothing to a dog - Don't know if I accept that but again it fits with the 'you stay there - I'll be back' theory.

Whatever, I hope you get this sorted Jeanette.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks DM

Its just I dont know how to get her from having 2 kongs and a rawhide, to having nothing! Oh well I've taken the other toys away. And she was alone yesterday with 2 frozen kongs and a rawhide, and dind't do anything wrong.

I'm gonna start with the training and more running during morningwalk and let her keep the kongs and the rawhide, then see if that helps....

I'm so glad I have u guys to help me. Luna is my first dog, and I have soo much to learn
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2004, 03:04 PM
You say it's near the door - could it be a wee is needed and they are trying to be good by getting outside ? Just a thought !
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >