View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 04:58 AM
I haven't understood that either I mean if its a guard dog then, unless a people start storing their valuables within the confines of the dogs kennel or within the reaches of his tie out then it defeats the purpose of having a dog then doesn't it?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Guard dogs are often either tied up where they are close enough to the door to be a deterrent. Or are left unchained in a fenced in yard.

Plus, let's be honest. Even if they're a distance from the door, do you want to risk its breaking its chain or collar and getting to you?
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I have a cattle dog that is a pretty good guard dog, she comes in at night & has free rein of the house yard area so she can perform her duty as watch/guard dog (a job in which she appointed herself to lol).
leapinglouie
New Member!
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:17 PM
I am American. I think the original thought of this particular post got off track. I think that how one treats their animals has nothing to do with what country they are in or what nationality they are. I lived in England for a few years, and was out in the garden jumping up and down screaming for joy when my black Lab puppy "went potty", till the day he died at the wonderful age of 11, he would run around like a fool because he went poop!! I stopped the positive reinforcement, but he never did.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Lol Jo still runs up to me for reinforcement after poop or pee lol, & she is really cute so I always give it to her... I guess you could say she has me well trained lmbo.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7