Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2012, 09:10 AM

The abuse nurses take

I had to spend 6 hours in A &E and acute care with my dad (he is still there but thats another story)last night and my god the abuse the nurses took.
We had the nicest nurse you could have asked for ,really helpful and what she went through when a woman in her 20s came in drunk screaming at the top of her voice at 2 am the worst things you could call a woman ,locking her self in the toliets and trying to flood the place ,trying to smoke ,setting alarms off .,trying to pee on the floor ..

Nurses deserve better.,
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Adequate funding for properly trained security staff for starters...
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Security staff came when she was trying to self harm then police came ...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
We had the nicest nurse you could have asked for ,really helpful and what she went through when a woman in her 20s came in drunk screaming at the top of her voice at 2 am the worst things you could call a woman ,locking her self in the toliets and trying to flood the place ,trying to smoke ,setting alarms off .,trying to pee on the floor ..
Oh Murf please don't get me started on this one. I think it's absolutely disgusting and I can not for the life of me think why these nurses put up with it. If it were me I would just walk out, of course that would mean the responsible and sober patients like your Dad would suffer but frankly I would not think about that.

As Claire said it needs some really comprehensive security guarding at all the public points of entry and again if it were me I would have a solicitor on hand ready to charge them with wilful damage, riot, abuse, anything that the law can throw at them.

These people are scum, they shouldn't even be allowed into a hospital in that condition and one thing I can absolutely guarantee is that in this part of Europe there is no way they would get away with it.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I decided to walk away from all that........

Now I regret it....... I do miss the caring sector.

But do believe it has got much worse than what I put up with!

Bloody disgraceful
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
I do hope that your dad is okay Murf.

My OH's dad is in at the minute..... It's very difficult isn't it?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2012, 09:38 PM
It was shocking hearing and seeing it ..
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Tbh I feel sorry for the security guys, ours are totally untrained to deal with aggressive people! I'm not even sure they're trained in de-escalation techniques?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
If your Dad has a EHIC (European health insurance card) issued free on request from the NHS he can come over here and be properly treated for free and as I said above no such problems with drunk, drugged up, plebs.

And they make sure prisoners can't do what that one in Bury St. Edmunds did this week, when I was waiting to see the Doc they brought a prisoner through, he was handcuffed behind his back and he had leg irons on