Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 06:58 PM

My Dog may have dry eye syndrome?

We have recently noticed that our dogs eyes have got a very obvious pink colour around the outside of the eye. Her eyes also apprear to have some slight discharge and are watery. She always rubs hers eyes with her paws and has managed to rub so much that the skin around her eyes has began to break and I am afraid that they will get more infected. When it first happened the vet here in Turkey gave us eyedrops to put in her eyes everyday, however even after the treatment it seems to have returned. Is there anything that I can do, even if to take away her discomfort? Someone told me that bathing the eye in mik could work? is this true?
Thanks for your help.
Laura
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 07:19 PM
My dog has something similar to this though its not dry eye as his tears are quite good its a third eyelid infection & I have to keep up the medication for always though he had drops 5 tines a day to begin with & now its only twice a day one lot once a day the other but in the winter he'll have less because the vet says its made worse by sunlight.I'd ask your vet if he thinks its a chronic condition
benimseker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks very much for the reply.
Laura