Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2020, 05:45 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 22nd July

Good morning everyone

Pleased Gary seems to be coming round for you Chris.

Kelly hope you and your mum are well

Dillon seems to be doing better Lynn

Lovely day forecast again and going to be very warm. Teazle walked and another load of bedding on the line,

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2020, 05:48 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. I hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Have a good day, take care and keep safe and well.
God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2020, 07:03 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all to follow.
Warm day here to. Another very quick stroll but we did have a little jumping around episode all of 1 minute but put that with the game he asked Gorden last night after his tea means he is slowing down but feeling well.
Still on his homemade diet in the morning and dog food dit in the evening, seriously considering putting him on home permanently.
I can source the oils he needs and the vits and minerals.

Chris how annoying about the plumber I am always of the thought if they cannot ring to let you know why they cannot make the appointment they are not worthy of the job.
griff fingers crossed for good results.
Harvey tgis dog napping around Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, Herts and Essex is getting very worrying.
On the main road into Upwell they had their kennels broken in to and mums and pups stolen. By car from where we lived 10 mins.

Hope evryone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
dog napping around Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge, Herts and Essex is getting very worrying.
On the main road into Upwell they had their kennels broken in to and mums and pups stolen. By car from where we lived 10 mins.

Do you know if that was in the day or at night ?

The one I mentioned was at Barton Mills (About 15 minutes from us) mid to late afternoon, I find it hard to seehow someone could take 17 dogs at that time of day unlesss the place was deserted.

I was hoping Sue or Barry had some thoughts since they are ex kennels owners.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Sorry Harvey I forgot to answer this question this morning

From memory I don't think there is a law that someone is on the premises 24/7 but there must be a key holder nearby. As for being shut at 3.45 that is quite possible as some kennels operate a very small opening time when they think that people will be able to collect and drop off pets, ie. 8.00 -10.00 and and 5.00-6.00 pm so they are then free to do as they wish. I agree there should be someone around at all time and that is how we operated. Having said that there was a kennels nearby us that lost a litter of puppies early in the morning and yes they were there on the premises but didn't hear a thing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2020, 03:48 PM
If I remember rightly Harvey it was early hours of the morning the owners live on the premises.
I think they got some back but not all not when the story was hot but if that has changed now I am not sure.
I read about the Barton Mills one.

We popped out today to get some bits for Gordens wooden planter Mark made him. He has chosen veggies, sprouts, cauliflower and beetroot. Nice wire cage round to stop the birds especially the pesky pigeons.
I got some alpines for my alpine garden he bought me for our Anniversary.

We decided to sit outside and have a coffee from the coffee shop and a sweet reat. All dealt with very well garden centre and coffee shop.
First time having a coffee at a garden centre since lockdown.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
I agree there should be someone around at all time and that is how we operated. Having said that there was a kennels nearby us that lost a litter of puppies early in the morning and yes they were there on the premises but didn't hear a thing.

Thanks Sue I kinda thought that you would try by all means to have someone on the premises throughout the day. It's just good business practice, a new customer could ring at any time from 09:00 to 17:00 if they don't get an answer they could just go somewhere else.

I suppose these days people have their Iphone glued to their ear and hope people will use that. I try to avoid mobile numbers partly because I have to pay and partly because if they not at their place of business they can't have access to all the info I need, but I accept I may be 'old fashioned' in this respect.

As to loosing a litter of puppies early one morning well if it was very early I can see why they didn't hear anything, also depends where the kennels were in relation to the house I suppose.

The recent case in Barton Mills was 3 to 6 pm still strikes me as strange.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2020, 05:46 PM
When we did dog training we were always telling people that they shouldn't let there dogs use dog flaps with access to their gardens when they were at work. They could never understand why until explained to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
He has chosen veggies, sprouts, cauliflower and beetroot. Nice wire cage round to stop the birds especially the pesky pigeons.

Yes we have problems with pigeons as well. Good idea to have a cage around. I hope Gordons veggies do well, don't forget they will need watering almost every day. I'm surehe knows this
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-07-2020, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
When we did dog training we were always telling people that they shouldn't let there dogs use dog flaps with access to their gardens when they were at work. They could never understand why until explained to.

I agree Brenda - If you can keep your dog inside for less than about 3 hours they will be safe and usually don't suffer from 'separation anxiety' if they can get out via a 'dog flap' then there's all sorts of things that can happen.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >