View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:55 PM
So really you would only need the lower door then not the top door?
Have you phoned them to ask? They were really helpful when we phoned them?
Mazzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
So really you would only need the lower door then not the top door?
Have you phoned them to ask? They were really helpful when we phoned them?
That photo is from the Guardsman website at www.dogcages.uk.com , I've asked for a quote and advice and am waiting for an email reply, to see if they're any cheaper than Barjo.

I think I would actually have the two doors as it makes it easier if you're drying them off etc, more access room.
Mazzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry, think I misread you there, did you mean I'd only need the mess on the lower half? If that's what you meant that wouldn't be safe enough as TT's are very springy jumpers.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2009, 03:13 PM
I've got a guardman tailgate and it works well. I have one wide opening door and my dogs all travel in the boot together. They were extremely helpful, they'd never made one for a Murano before so had to take measurements from the local Nissan dealership in order to get the right fit. I went along to get it fitted, just to be on the safe side as it was the first one they'd done. They did a few minor adjustments while I waited and fitted it for me. They then sent me a complete new bottom fitting which was the part they had adjusted on site, because they weren't happy with not finishing it properly. I think mine cost about £225 which was very reasonable considering the effort they put in.

not the best photo but it's the only one I could find
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 03:18 PM
we too have a tailgate guard.. on our mondeo estate by Barjo.. it`s fab! We often leave our dogs in the car when we go shopping.. leaving the tailgate open with the guard double padlocked.
banji
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
At the moment, our Tibetan Terrier, Bobby, has a cage in the boot of the car, but when we get him a little brother in July - so excited, can't wait! - the cage won't be big enough for both of them, so I've been looking at other options and someone suggested a tailgate guard.

We have a Toyota RAV4 with the boot door that opens to the side, so we definitely need something to contain them so they don't just jump out, also so we can leave the door open for them if we're parked up on a day out. I don't fancy just tieing them to the car with their leads as knowing the Tibetan breed they would probably end up one tangled mess!

Have any of you got a tailgate guard, just wondered how you got on with it and whether you would recommend them.

Thanks

i have a barjo tailgate, absolutely great.i was lucky to get mine from barjo but one that had been previos owned and it only cost me £90. of course with that though its just by chance that they have your model.but worth looking on their website which is how i got mine.you will still need a guard though also which youve probably already thought of.
tibetan terriers gorgeous dogs.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I've got a guardman tailgate and it works well. I have one wide opening door and my dogs all travel in the boot together. They were extremely helpful, they'd never made one for a Murano before so had to take measurements from the local Nissan dealership in order to get the right fit. I went along to get it fitted, just to be on the safe side as it was the first one they'd done. They did a few minor adjustments while I waited and fitted it for me. They then sent me a complete new bottom fitting which was the part they had adjusted on site, because they weren't happy with not finishing it properly. I think mine cost about £225 which was very reasonable considering the effort they put in.

Look at your dogs all cosy and snug
Cosmo isn't allowed comfy stuff as it would be in the wash EVERY day!!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Mine are muck magnets too, but the cosy fleece conceals a waterproof dog bed, so only the fleece is washed regularly and they are short haired so can't hold quite as much moisture. Syd wouldn't leave home without his comfy bed
Mazzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Aw, they look really happy and safe in there! It does sounds like they're a good company, we're up in Cheshire so it would be a journey for us to this company, but I'd rather they fit it and then I know it's done properly. It seems we are meant to travel for everything dog-related anway, as the pup is coming from Herefordshire, lol!
Mazzy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by banji View Post
i have a barjo tailgate, absolutely great.i was lucky to get mine from barjo but one that had been previos owned and it only cost me £90. of course with that though its just by chance that they have your model.but worth looking on their website which is how i got mine.you will still need a guard though also which youve probably already thought of.
tibetan terriers gorgeous dogs.
Yes I noticed they had second hand ones, I will definitely be keeping an eye on that, as we have a few weeks before we need to place the order for a new one - thanks. Yes I realise we may need a guard as well, I'm not sure though as our car is pretty high but then knowing tibetan terriers they would find a way!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >