My poor Rosie is absolutely terrified cos it's like a war zone here tonight
She hates big bangs at best of times
I wish they banned fireworks except at proper displays
Sorry needed to moan
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Poor Rosie. I am completely with you on this one, and have ranted on many occasion about fireworks They should be one night a year, the 5th, and that is that other than well publicised events run by professionals.

I do hope that what is going on around you tonight stops soon. I always hope for horrendous weather during the first week in November, but it actually only delays things.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Oh man oh man oh man. Don't even get me started. The boys are ok-- clingy, but not absolutely miserable, unlike Habibi, who is a shivering wreck from now until they use up what they've bought. We had people setting off concussion bombs in their garden down the street. CONCUSSION BOMBS! They're not even pretty!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:05 PM
The madness hasn't started here yet,thank God,but when when it does OH BOY! Its 24/7 by her side Feel so sorry for animals,can't even imagine how loud are scarey those things are to them Just have to do what I do every year regarding Lacey...be her hip buddy
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Strangechilde View Post
Oh man oh man oh man. Don't even get me started. The boys are ok-- clingy, but not absolutely miserable, unlike Habibi, who is a shivering wreck from now until they use up what they've bought. We had people setting off concussion bombs in their garden down the street. CONCUSSION BOMBS! They're not even pretty!
I know - lots of the so called fireworks these days are simply a mass of very loud bangs. They are the sort of things that used to be restricted to professional displays, but not any more How on earth can the health and safety brigade scream about the petty things in life that are of no consequence, and then totally ignore explosives being on general sale

Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
The madness hasn't started here yet,thank God,but when when it does OH BOY! Its 24/7 by her side Feel so sorry for animals,can't even imagine how loud are scarey those things are to them Just have to do what I do every year regarding Lacey...be her hip buddy
Eileen, I feel for you with Lacey. Our last two dogs were terrified of the wretched things. One of them used to actually burn her paws because of frantic digging of the carpet in a corner.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Rosie is asleep on her cushion on the chair now, it's finally quiet here now thank goodness. For the next couple of weekends we will have it. Rosie is same will follow us round everywhere, I just let her
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Poor Rosie. I am completely with you on this one, and have ranted on many occasion about fireworks They should be one night a year, the 5th, and that is that other than well publicised events run by professionals.

I do hope that what is going on around you tonight stops soon. I always hope for horrendous weather during the first week in November, but it actually only delays things.
Bad weather doesn't seem to stop people here
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:24 PM
they use industrial strength firecrackers here in Cyprus - cheap and that sounds like you are under Seige - hate them with a vengeance
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Tell me about it.. Ella is terrified whenever they start. She's peed twice already in the flat and is a shivering wreck at times. I'm thinking of resorting to adaptil or kalm aid or something, anyone got any experience in that?
I hope Rosie and you are ok and that she's not too stressed out :S
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2013, 09:34 PM
I hate them utterly. They cracked down seriously on many of them in Scotland, after a good few idiots blew pieces off of their bodies, but I could easily buy a proper display's worth for a few hundred quid, and a night's worth of bangs for less than £50. All of it perfectly legal, not bothering about that I don't have a safe place to launch them.

I know they're pretty and they're fun and they're traditional and blah blah blah. I do believe that if people knew the misery they cause to animals and children, a lot of people wouldn't set them off. It would be good if we could get a major message out. Any YouTube geniuses amongst us?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »