Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 03:33 PM

Escape artist!

Last week I was down in Dublin overnight. So Wills had to spend her first night on her own in kennels since wee Archie died.

She clearly wasn't happy about it!
At 3am the owner of the place had to get up when she heard Willow barking in the yard!
The cheeky madame had broken out of her indoor cage, out through another door leading to a concrete yard where the dogs get out for a run and was stopped from escaping completely by a very high wall all around and a padlocked, solid gate.

Bearing in mind Willow only has one front paw and having seen the various doors etc Wills had to open to get out, this was no mean feat.

What on earth will I do with her come Xmas time when I'm spending a few nights away?! I'm hoping to find an understanding friend that will keep her under lock and key....
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh heck!! As you say that was no mean feat!!

Perhaps she will be better being left second time around? I guess first time after losing him was always going to be difficult?

Is there any way you could perhaps leave her for very short periods and build up the time so she gets more used to it?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Clever dog...... not sure what the answer is, Evie, sorry!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I doubt if she'll be any better next time round. She's a regular escape artist here, getting out of her crate and opening doors when we aren't around.... if anything she'll be a little quicker at doing it. Though they'd have to tie up her door there now.

I hate the thought of her being so distressed to do all that; but she's some smart cookie to have figured out how to do it!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:43 PM
i have a willow with fire in her belly as well lol (must be the name ) its a shame you cant leave her ,like you say with a friend ,if she is happy where she is staying ,i doubt she would try to escape .looking for mom no doubt
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:44 PM
lol just read your last post .lol maybe she will try to escape ,no matter where she is
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 07:59 PM
If she's without human company she'll most likely try to escape. Things were calmer when Archie was around, but she's gotten worse since he's gone.

She hates me leaving her, and whinges at the window for me if other people are here.

A determined little madame. She knows what (or who) she wants and keeps going till she gets it, lol.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
If she's without human company she'll most likely try to escape. Things were calmer when Archie was around, but she's gotten worse since he's gone.

She hates me leaving her, and whinges at the window for me if other people are here.

A determined little madame. She knows what (or who) she wants and keeps going till she gets it, lol.
lol she dos sound like my willow i dont think my willow ,would be any good with out our dylan ,she needs him i think , i just have sneeking suspision she would be a handful with out him will you have another dog to keep her company
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Tbh, I couldn't think on getting another dog.
But that's not to say given time and a desperate enough case looking for a home, that I wouldn't reconsider.

I've a feeling that it would make things easier on the Willow front; though another dog isn't always a guarentted (spl?) cure is it.