View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
It's not hunting at all, they are cowards !

It's one thing to drive around the plains looking for an animal and trying to shoot it, when its instincts could outwit you, but to go to a farm, where you know the animal has been bred ready for you to kill, then to be guided to where it is, where is has been set up, is cowardly.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Its cruel,if only there 4x4s would break down and there guns would jam,to see how fast they can run.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
I would like to throw them into lion pens and see how they like to be hunted!

I detest hunting for 'pleasure'

Hunt for food if you have to yes
Hunt/kill for pest control if no other more 'humane' methods exist yes
Hunt for pleasure NO!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Quite an interesting program. Nothing "exposed" here canned hunting has been going on for years, and because of it, species like Kudu and some other rare animals have begun to flourish with the captive breeding programs.

Its certainly not hunting as I know it, and I wouldnt want to take part in it, but I agree with the statement of how they live and how they die. They live in a large virtually "normal" environment, and are killed quickly and without stress or aggro.
Dawn.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Quite an interesting program. Nothing "exposed" here canned hunting has been going on for years, and because of it, species like Kudu and some other rare animals have begun to flourish with the captive breeding programs.

Its certainly not hunting as I know it, and I wouldnt want to take part in it, but I agree with the statement of how they live and how they die. They live in a large virtually "normal" environment, and are killed quickly and without stress or aggro.
Dawn.
Not for me but I have to agree with Dawn 100%

It may be 'easy' hunting as these animals are 'on a plate' for you to shoot but an easy shot = a better chance of a quick kill and as long as there's people willing to pay for the pleasure then the revenue will help to improve breeding and protected release of certain species.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 12:06 AM
there was no mention of any release programme.extra stock was sold to other game shoots.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
there was no mention of any release programme.extra stock was sold to other game shoots.
Not always game dealers Fudgley, this is something I have been interested in for quite some years. These animals are often sold to game reserves and wildlife parks to increase stock of rarer species, but plenty do go into canned hunting. Remember the program "Vets in the wild?" The animals in the reserve they operated in were mostly for canned hunting and selling to other reserves for species protection.
Dawn.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
What's the point of keeping animals alive just to kill them, not for food but for pleasure - it's barbaric.

There is NO glory in murder - and however they may try to dress it up, what they're doing is WRONG, because they are taking pleasure out of taking life.

If they want to help animals they could give the same amount of money to reserves or, better still, get game hunting farms to drop shooting with guns to shooting with cameras! (ie taking pics of these beautiful animals instead of killing them)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Couldn't bring myself to watch it. I love Louis Theroux, his documentaries are always really good, but no, couldn't watch this one.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I watched this and must say I had mixed feelings, I didnt like the whole "hunting" parts as I dont consider this hunting, after all they are not hard to "hunt" and its set up to make them easy to kill.

However as sad as it is if its true they have brought back animals from the brink that is a plus point.

Azz, I am sure they said that the meat is given to local villages so is being used for food(though I was tired at the time and may have mis-heard)

I am tempted to research more on this subject as despite the subject it was interesting and would like to know more.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >