View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MrsC
New Member!
Female 

07-09-2011, 06:32 PM
I love anything by Bill Bryson but I have to admit struggling with his Short History of Nearly Everything (probably because it was quite scientific) but I'd recommend any of his other books. Also Wedlock by Wendy Moore. It's about a rich woman in the georgian era who gets snared by a complete cad. Reads like a novel but it's actually true! Another book I love is The Caliph's House by Tahir Shah. He's an anglo/indian/afghan guy who buys a rundown house in Morocco complete with staff who believe in genies. It's about his first year renovating the place and I found it hilarious.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jfk View Post
I read Dead Simple by Peter James a while back, now working my way through the rest of the series, you just think you know where its going and it takes a twist.

Also Terry Goodkinds Wizards First Rule series is fantastic.
I've read several of Peter James' books and they always have me hooked so can highly recommend them as well.

Another one of my favourite authors is Linwood Barclay who writes similar stories to Peter James.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3