Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:33 PM

Dirty People!

We can no longer go for a walk! But only go out for a 'pick our way through dog dirt, broken glass and food/litter remains The town is filthy What I find so disgusting is that it's the same(and new) people not picking up and they're obviously quite happy to walk around in the disgusting mess they leave every day. They don't deserve to have dogs(re dog mess) and I bet if the dogs could talk they would tell their owners they are ashamed of them! Sorry for big rant but is anyone else finding it's getting worse?
Many thanks
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I find the most disgusting places are the ones you would least expect to find mounds of dog poo.

The estate I live on backs on to a fairly well-to-do estate which has a nice green area running through it. Even though there are plenty of bins, the amount of dog muck is atrocious. In my previous home, which was a new estate (still being built) and quite upmarket too, the amount of dog poo dotted around the pavement was unbelievable. The little park behind us was covered in litter and wrecked by the local hooligans (which I think migrated from another estate).

What I find is even worse is when there is a big pile right next to a poo bin! There is absolutely no excuse for people not to pick it up. I admit, across open fields, in woodland etc I dont pick up. I adopt the flicking approach to at least make sure it's off the pathway. On pavements, parks, canal towpaths etc I could never leave it for somebody to tread in.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:44 PM
k9paw I think you live near me

It's a disgrace.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:46 PM
What gets me is we have a realy nice pond in the middle of our estate and there are plenty of poo bins so why do they throw the poo bags into the trees and they hang there like smelly xmas decs , we are so lucky to have such a lovely place to walk and yet people cant make the effort to appreciate it
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I've found it's been worse since we've had the snow. Usually our local park and the fields we walk through are pretty good for being clear of dog muck but since the snow has thawed out I've noticed a lot more muck than usual.

I don't know whether it's because people seem to think snow magically eradicates dog poop or just because the wintery weather has brought out a lot of fair weather dog walkers but there definitely seems to be more muck lying about than usual!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2010, 04:48 PM
I noticed you said in another thread that you call your town 'The bad Lands' It does sound like it, the trouble is that once one person doesn't 'pick up' then others think they can leave it as well, it doesn't take long for things to get bad and if there's discarded food lying around then that's even worse. You might consider telling the Environmental Health people about it 'tho.

I guess we are lucky 'cos we can open the side gate and in 2 minutes we are in the forrest, it's not even a maintained forrest so there's loads of undergrowth, in six years the only people we've ever seen are occassional forresters carrying hay and apples for the deer. That's only once or twice a year.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Just can't understand it The whole town is like one giant c*ss pit/rubbish dump