Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Pet hate:

When you're running late for work and the toothpaste slides off your brush while you're putting the lid back on.

Sorry, does it have to be dogs and people, only that really annoyed me this morning!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Where do I start?
  • People who pick up there dogs saying that mine will think they're rabbits and eat them,
  • People who say that my dogs shouldn't be allowed off because Greyhounds have no recall, shows how much they know if they say that mine are Grey's lol,
  • People who think that rules do not apply to them, espcially with having dogs offlead near livestock,
  • People who allow their dogs to come up to mine when she is on a lead, and then get upset when my FA dog has a go at them,
  • People who have dogs offlead near roads, espcailly one that I saw the other day, a 5 month old GSD pup off lead near the roads, as it has to learn about roads that learning could kill the dogs,
  • People who only listen to the media, and do not learn about things themselves, as of course the media has to be right ,
  • People who put fear in other people about things that they themselves don't understand
And of course I will have more soon, thats just of the top of my head
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-01-2010, 04:50 PM
..people who pick up after there dogs then leave the plastic bag full of poo behind on the side of the path or hanging on a tree
(I have just been out with Chloe and picked up two bags containing someone elses dogs poo putting them in the bin near the phone box which is quite conspicuous) .
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Thought of another one -----

People who don't allow their dogs to behave like dogs
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:44 PM
People that think I am picking up my small (ish) dog up to protect them from bigger dogs, when I'm actually picking my dog up because he might react and we don't bump into enough dogs for me to warrant getting him a muzzle! (it happened today on a shoot day, one of the guns let their rather large labrador come running up to us, Midge didn't really like that !)
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Here's one...people who allow their dogs to soil my shop then don't apologise or offer to clean it up. This week (and it's only Wednesday) I have cleaned up three puddles and a poo from my carpet.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Here's one...people who allow their dogs to soil my shop then don't apologise or offer to clean it up. This week (and it's only Wednesday) I have cleaned up three puddles and a poo from my carpet.
Yikes, are you kidding me? someone just let their dog take a dump in your shop and then walked off?
LittleMonster
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 07:47 PM
I hate when parents let their kids play with other dogs then not Asher - yes he's big but he's incredibly gentle with children, and he loves them! I get no dogs or if the child is scared of some, but a lot just have this idea a big dog must be nasty.

Asher's partially deaf (ok make that quite deaf), now he goes offlead and I just keep an eye and give myself time to get him back (can take a bit to get his attention), but very ocassionally he may trot over. I always apologise but I cannot keep him onlead for every "what if". Also people who think deaf means I've not bothered to train him, no it means he cannot HEAR me! Hence the hand signals he obeys.. silly people.

There's a beach I go that all day most days is filled with dog-friendly, offlead dogs, many of which don't have perfect recall, some owners with disabilities who perhaps can't walk as fast so their dogs explore a little, however they can't get anywhere like a car park easily so it's perfect. Now it's well known locally, and you still get people who take their dog aggressive dogs there and moan about all the offlead dogs! There's loads of beaches locally that will be quiet, several other ideas in the same village, but this is 1 place there can be 20 or more dogs across the beach on average.

Horse riders and cyclists who go on paths they're not meant to, and then moan you have a dog offlead. Again, hundreds of cycle ways in cornwall, lots of bridlepaths, several byways - and you're using a 2 person wide footpath.

Off walks, people who tell me my dog is overweight (yes I know, it takes time to get it off), people who presume I'm awful as he's not being walked daily while I'm injured, apparently a couple of months of whiplash mean I should rehome him! Sure he'd love that...

People sulking that my dog won't fetch a stick/ball for them, not all retrievers retrieve.

Being 18 (17 when I got Asher), the amount of people who said I'd get fed up with him quickly, how could someone my age be responsible enough etc (luckily I think I must now look the part better or something, or maybe it's because it's winter and I'm walking him, the comments have stopped).

RE: Flexis, I have one, have used one for Asher in the past but he doesn't run on it, I'm careful with people's legs and only use it places it wouldn't be the end of the world if it broke or something, never near a road! I used it mainly to give him freedom while teaching recall.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome to Cornwall...where it is assumed all dogs are socialble....
LoweherzLeos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2010, 08:46 PM
i belong to another forum too and a pet hate has stemmed from there:

people who desperately ask for your advice because this is a first time dog or whatever, then you give them advice, its not what they want to hear so they do what they want any way.... they could have just warned me before i wasted 5 minutes of my life to try and help them
Page 9 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >