Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
so you would go to the police then? and what if they said they could do nothing about it, what then?
I would expect them to do something if I had been physically threatened. If they couldn't because of lack of witnesses or evidence or because it was basically a row rather than actually physical threats I would ask them for advise about managing confrontation. If all else fails and I found I was not able to do that I would rather move away than involve myself with any violence.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
I would expect them to do something if I had been physically threatened. If they couldn't because of lack of witnesses or evidence or because it was basically a row rather than actually physical threats I would ask them for advise about managing confrontation. If all else fails and I found I was not able to do that I would rather move away than involve myself with any violence.
Hewey, I admire your patience with people. It's not something I can do easily (probably because I'm not a tolerant person ) but hey, that's what makes the world go round
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:32 PM
If all else fails and I found I was not able to do that I would rather move away than involve myself with any violence.
...and hope they don't follow you...... which is what happened in Jackiew's daughter's case
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I think my opinions are honest and open enough for anyone but if you insist it has any relevence then no, I am not a mother. I am, though, a member of society and don't see that being a mother would give you any more right to vigilante activities than any one else. It may be me or someone I love that a mother decides, without benefit of trial or jury, is a threat to her child. Does that give her any right to harm us?
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:36 PM
I think my opinions are honest and open enough for anyone but if you insist it has any relevence then no, I am not a mother. I am, though, a member of society and don't see that being a mother would give you any more right to vigilante activities than any one else. It may be me or someone I love that a mother decides, without benefit of trial or jury, is a threat to her child. Does that give her any right to harm us?
vigilante activities - for crying out loud.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 07:36 PM
no it doesn't but if you could put yourself in the position of being a mum maybe it would help you to understand why or how we feel as parents.
and to some degree why we feel as we do and have replied they way we have on this thread.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:37 PM
I think that explains an awful lot. Not trying to demean the fact, but there is a gut instinct in mothers and parents in general that make them react the way they do. It's why this thread has become heated in parts.

Perhaps now we can calmly agree to disagree?
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
...and hope they don't follow you...... which is what happened in Jackiew's daughter's case
If they followed me then I would expect action to be taken but if not then I would move again. There are no better options, certainly not responding outside the law. How would that benefit someone that clearly needs their family so badly.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-04-2007, 07:38 PM
In an ideal world......... But I'd say most people in this country DON'T expect the police to do anything... because we've become used to there absence

Vote for me
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Does that give her any right to harm us?
I would defend any member of my family, so from my point of view it wouldn't be purely as a result of being a mother. But since you ask, as far as I am concerned if you came along and hurt my baby I would defend her.
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »