Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 01:04 PM

My naughty badgers last night!!

We have badgers at the top of our back garden (coz we live right in the woods now), and I've found out from the neighbours, that the hole between our fence must be left clear for them, otherwise, they'll wreck the place making a nice, new one to get to their run up at the back of mine.

Anyhoo, last night, I decided I might leave them some peanuts and fruit which I know they like, up near their big hole at the top, so that's what I did.

This morning, when I opened the back door, I was met by a car crash of rubbish from 2 binbags that I had stupidly left out there overnight, it was strewn everywhere There was no food in the bags, just painting rubbish and plastic bags and dry stuff, except for one empty pastry box which had a lot of chocolate smeared on it, which I'm sure they thoroughly enjoyed as they took it up onto the next level of grass to devour it chucking the torn up box all over the lawn!

After I cleared it all up, I came back to let the dog out, and there on the doorstep, was one big pile of mushy poo!!!! Oh I did laugh, and I can only assume, it was their way of telling me they were not at all impressed with the contents of my 2 rubbish bags, so I could "take it outta that" I was always told, you don't sh*te on your own doorstep, but they obviously do!!!

They won't be getting any peanuts tonight I can assure you!!!!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Lol little beggars a girl goes out of her way to give em a treat and that's how they repay ya Or maybe Zena pooped on their front door step so they were getting you back
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I love badgers not sure I would want them pooping on my doorstep though.

Gorden took me to somewhere in Dorset where you could badger watch for a birthday present a few years back and adopted a badger for a year too.

Amazing beautiful creatures.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Be careful they dont get to comfy, nasty big so and so`s , you dont want to get on the wrong side of one
Pauline Sirrell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2012, 03:41 PM
When we were kids we always wore 2 pairs of socks and put the ashes of the fire in between.....old wives tales that if a badger bites you they wait for the "crack" the idea was the ashes would make the noise and then the badger would stop biting lol!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Lol little beggars a girl goes out of her way to give em a treat and that's how they repay ya Or maybe Zena pooped on their front door step so they were getting you back
Lol, she could well have done coz I don't actually know where their front doorstep is!!! She knows they are up there though, she refuses to come right up onto the top level now, she can smell them I suppose and being smart, she doesn't want anything to do with them.....the neighbour's cat on the other hand

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I love badgers not sure I would want them pooping on my doorstep though.

Gorden took me to somewhere in Dorset where you could badger watch for a birthday present a few years back and adopted a badger for a year too.

Amazing beautiful creatures.
I can't wait to see them Lynn, but until we get more settled, we've put the camera idea on the back burner, but it will happen one day. Apparently, they all walk down the road at night, because afterall, they were doing this for many years before these houses were built in here, and one night I've promised myself I will go out there and sit on the front lawn and badger watch (when it stops raining!).

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Be careful they dont get to comfy, nasty big so and so`s , you dont want to get on the wrong side of one
I know Jackie, I'm dreading if I ever have to let Zena out there when it's dark, but so far that hasn't happened (maybe she knows she's gotta hold it in now ). According to my other neighbours, their run was at the side of my house where we've put up a big 6ft wooden gate which she said they obviously cannot get past now, but the neighbour the other side, said it's through that hole in her fence. We can't quite make out what they want to do up there in our garden, except for all the earth and stones they seem to chuck everywhere. We put a couple of bricks in the big hole under the fence up there when we first moved in, but next morning they were all chucked out a long way away so we knew it was something big lol! I'm keeping well away don't you worry and so is Zena.

I've been warned to just leave things as they are and don't upset them and I think that could be a good idea Jackie

Originally Posted by Pauline Sirrell View Post
When we were kids we always wore 2 pairs of socks and put the ashes of the fire in between.....old wives tales that if a badger bites you they wait for the "crack" the idea was the ashes would make the noise and then the badger would stop biting lol!!
Lol, well I won't be testing that one out for ya!!!

I wonder what they'll do tonight when there are no peanuts and no plastic bags to rummage through
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Maybe tonight they'll be like the cats in the milk ad and get in with their opposable thumbs, you'll come down to a load of drunk full badgers sprawled on the kitchen table No sorry I shouldn't have thought that.... I will get nightmares about that now lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Oh dear, you might have hit on something here Zoe I've been putting out ice cream tubfulls of beer every night .......... for the slugs.......but maybe........oh noooooooooooo..........I wondered why I only found the dead slugs in the daytime instead of overnight IN the beer, whereas from overnight they were almost empty with no slugs, because of course, badgers love slugs don't they OMG what am I doing to my badgers They could end up alcoholics knocking on my door for a lock in
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
That's hilarious you'll be on crimewatch for crimes against nature I bet they have been having a great time beer and beer soaked slugs for supper
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2012, 04:40 PM
We used to get badgers visiting us when we lived in Northumberland. Had one in the kennel when we were just about to put the dogs in. Lucky, peered in and started barking! and one in the utility room. Total nuisance to us.

My aunt has them as well and she is always complaining they are wrecking her lawn.

Not my favourite animals lol

Helen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >