Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Cheshire show 2012 (very pic heavy!)

just a few pictures from the cheshire show.. they are mainly shire horses as that's where i spend the majority of the day

the non shire photos first..

Charolais bull

and suffolk sheep (which i actually really like)

donkeys

took this one especially for luke

and i had to post this because this guy was hilarious! i think he thought he was brad pitt in jesse james!

and let the shires commence

labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Brill pics, thanks for sharing. LOVE that grey (no idea of the 'proper' name for the colour, sorry!) shire horse - stunning!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Brill pics, thanks for sharing. LOVE that grey (no idea of the 'proper' name for the colour, sorry!) shire horse - stunning!
grey is the correct term i love them, but not many people have them because they arent desirable in the ring... although one in baron mare (so not the one in the picture) won her class, but i didnt get pictures because i was watching the geldings.

i love shires, and within the next year will be getting very hands on helping showing, and within in the next few years, providing mine and a friend's plan comes together i will have one of my very own
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Beautiful pics.... I just dont like the way they do their tails. I know it was done originally for when they were used on the farm, but dont think it is necessary now. I love to see full tails, and they are useful for flies. JMO.
I do love the heavy horses, Jim's Lucky Charm was bred very near me, but that was a bit before your time I also have a friend who shows and breeds Percheron horses,

http://www.percheron.org.uk/breeders/henfrey/

Hope your dreams comes through.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
Beautiful pics.... I just dont like the way they do their tails. I know it was done originally for when they were used on the farm, but dont think it is necessary now. I love to see full tails, and they are useful for flies. JMO.
I do love the heavy horses, Jim's Lucky Charm was bred very near me, but that was a bit before your time I also have a friend who shows and breeds Percheron horses,

http://www.percheron.org.uk/breeders/henfrey/

Hope your dreams comes through.
your friend has some lovely horses

re the tails, you dont see many with full tails at all now, people go along the lines of a long tail can hide bad movement of the back legs.

thanks, im hoping my dreams come true, im sure they will some day, as i certainly plan on having a shire in my life, ive got a fair few years to get one in
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Brill photos.

I enjoyed them all - except perhaps the weird poser type person

My FIL breeds and keeps Suffolk sheep, so when he retires in the next couple of years we will be inheriting his. I really like them too, although my hubby isn't keen

And I ADORE Shire horses, so brilliant pics. I was after a Shire or Clydesdale before I ended up with my Highland. I have said that when we get our own place eventually and the boys have grown up a bit then I will have a Shire or a Clydesdale. Beautiful photos. I usually love greys, but am not so keen on them in the draughts for some reason.

Looks like you had some good weather for the show
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Number eight is stunning!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Fantastic photos, the rough is very nice! Looks as if you had a good time to boot!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Brill photos.

I enjoyed them all - except perhaps the weird poser type person

My FIL breeds and keeps Suffolk sheep, so when he retires in the next couple of years we will be inheriting his. I really like them too, although my hubby isn't keen

And I ADORE Shire horses, so brilliant pics. I was after a Shire or Clydesdale before I ended up with my Highland. I have said that when we get our own place eventually and the boys have grown up a bit then I will have a Shire or a Clydesdale. Beautiful photos. I usually love greys, but am not so keen on them in the draughts for some reason.

Looks like you had some good weather for the show
i fell in love with the suffolks would really love some sheep some day
shires are my favourite breed of horse, no doubt about it!

Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Number eight is stunning!
number 8 is hamlet, he's supreme champion and belongs to a friend.

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Fantastic photos, the rough is very nice! Looks as if you had a good time to boot!
yeah had a really good time
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Lovely pics of some magnificent horses.

My sis bought a Shire x TB (though from the looks of him the mare only saw a whiff of the TB ) which I schooled for her. He was the comfiest ride imaginable, like sitting in a big comfy armchair.

Heavy breeds are certainly a favourite of mine