Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Heating has decided to not work

Today I came home - after stopping the night at the in laws and I went to turn the heating up (it'd been on 16 for the night) and it won't turn up, I can hear the boiler when it's on and it heats the water, but there is no turning on that heating.. any help.

It's one of those digital thingymabobs - I'm going to perish tonight!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:57 PM
1) check the batteries in the thermo (on the wall) you can see if they are run down by a mark on the screen that stays constantly on abit like the flame one.
if OK
2) turn thermo down so heating goes off and allow it to reset for a while before rebooting back on
if not working
3) check thermo has ''talked'' to the receiver by the boiler.....can see this by green light flickering.....if not reciever needs replacing or batteries in thermo

4) can you take thermo off wall and take it nearer to the boiler receiver

5) we can turn our boiler off and re turn on....which usually boots up and resets it
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 06:09 PM
See I would do all that, but I can break the freeview with just one button.. so I daren't. I'll save your instructions and if it still doesn't work - I'll get MiL to do it tomorrow - at least if she breaks it I can't get blamed
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
See I would do all that, but I can break the freeview with just one button.. so I daren't. I'll save your instructions and if it still doesn't work - I'll get MiL to do it tomorrow - at least if she breaks it I can't get blamed
Im the ''gas fitter'' here