Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 08:57 PM

Cherry was a smart dog today!

When we have more than one type of dental chew I lay them out in a line and let the dogs choose which one they want, Cherry first and then Parker. Today I did this and Cherry went along and scooped them both up and took them to her mat! She made me laugh as my other dogs I had before used to get a choice like this and they had never attempted to do this, and neither had Parker.

The one-eyed dog is definitely Queen!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 09:01 PM
She's a smart cookie
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Lol, makes me laugh when they do stuff like this and show how smart they are. I remember at class with Shadow once we were doing leave it as a group with a sausage in front of each dog. Well Shadow left his own sausage but grabbed the ones belonging to the dogs either side of him. Looking back it could have got nasty if any had been food aggressive but at the time it was hilarious.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
She's a smart cookie
Thank you!

Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Lol, makes me laugh when they do stuff like this and show how smart they are. I remember at class with Shadow once we were doing leave it as a group with a sausage in front of each dog. Well Shadow left his own sausage but grabbed the ones belonging to the dogs either side of him. Looking back it could have got nasty if any had been food aggressive but at the time it was hilarious.
That must have made you laugh! Glad the other dogs didn't take offence though! Cherry would have!!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
That must have made you laugh! Glad the other dogs didn't take offence though! Cherry would have!!
Oh Shadow would have if anyone had taken his sausage! The instructor never did the exercise in a group after this incident so I figure the same thought crossed her mind too.