Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 10:08 AM

Damp Saturday 15th May 2021

Morning peeps. Well I thought I would bite the bullet and walk up to the shops in the village. What a waste of time. So sad. Poundstretcher was closed. No staff and they are looking to recruit so, no shopping in there. I started to walk further up the road and thought why am I bothering. I knew most had closed and the only thing that I would find is the co-op of which I don't really need food as Tesco comes and then of course the only proper bank is closing and I don't use that one anyway. So, came back via a small independent shop and bought a sausage roll and then went to an independent chemist for some soap and paracetamol. Came home. Such a shame, Lancing was such a bustling shopping place but now I think Lancing is definitely losing its appeal. Have a good day peeps.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Good afternoon all.

Damp and drizzly morning.

Called at Gary's and sorted his computers yet again.

Called at the garden centre on the way back and bought some different coloured pansies to the ones we already have

and now for a restful afternoon with a kindle book
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 12:03 PM
Afternoon all busy busy all my volunteering seems to have coincided this week. People dropping out some after effects of the jabs; some back to work; normal life etc. So been busy - busy - busy. All good here though.

I am beginning to despair of local shopping areas closing everywhere seems to be charity shops and £ shops I don't have an issue with either but it is our own shopping habits with online and supermarkets that have caused it I think - although a lot of my neighbours started having the "milkman" again during lockdown and I hope they continue. But I digress

Brenda Did you ever get your book on dreams and make sense if that's the right word for yours. I find it interesting.

Chris Glad you are sorted for now at least so it seems Gary's a time portal disaster for anything mechanical/technical LOL good job you two are the physicians...LOL How is the sale coming on, and how is your daughter doing? I am starting decorating soon too have be summing ths kitchen up for a while and have decided to remove the wall cupboards and retile (all myself)

Griff Hope all is going well what's your thoughts on Kotas health op or not do you think? Hope you feel a bit better see you felt a bit rough.

Sue Its horrible here even I cannot get washing on the line and have the hope of drying. Hope your day is good.

Lynn Thanks for thinking of me yesterday; glad your knitting is coming on in leaps and bounds.

Moyra Nice to see you.

Catch you all laters alligators.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Afternoon all
Our city centre is destroyed, council did that with all the student housing and basically just drove everyone out, the only decent shops worth visiting are Primark and wilko. They have put a load of posh restaurants in cathedral lanes but they aren't for the likes of me lol....far too expensive and poncey.
Kazz, Kota has good and bad days, she isn't better and I doubt she ever will be without surgery, she still has days where she squeals in pain and I suspect she is always going to be like that, she's not even 8 and she can't have a proper walk off lead or play or wrestle with her sister.
The lady from next door came around last night... something about the badges on her car being nicked...but they are still there, anyway...she has been given her notice so my life is back to being dreadful again.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Afternoon all
Our city centre is destroyed, council did that with all the student housing and basically just drove everyone out, the only decent shops worth visiting are Primark and wilko. They have put a load of posh restaurants in cathedral lanes but they aren't for the likes of me lol....far too expensive and poncey.
Kazz, Kota has good and bad days, she isn't better and I doubt she ever will be without surgery, she still has days where she squeals in pain and I suspect she is always going to be like that, she's not even 8 and she can't have a proper walk off lead or play or wrestle with her sister.
The lady from next door came around last night... something about the badges on her car being nicked...but they are still there, anyway...she has been given her notice so my life is back to being dreadful again.

Is that not the troublesome house? Fingers crossed
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Kazz I didn't bother with looking for a book as I sometimes do and sometimes don't dream. I think it depends on what sort of day I have had that makes me dream. Sun is trying to come out, typical as I have been out twice now. Ah well might go again later. The council are to blame I think here for such high rents and rates for the shops disappearing. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 01:45 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope any new neighbours you get Kelly are really nice, it is time you all had peace in your lives

You have been busy Kazz but take time for yourself.

Brenda it is the same here. Nice little village when we moved here six years ago, 1 bank and 1 building society now both closed, a Tesco express, still here, co-op, closed, green grocer closed. The village now seems to be full of hairdressers and estate agents. I only use it for the most office, which was threatened with closure but protest won, and one of the hairdressers otherwise no point in going.

Rained again all morning but have managed to get Teazle out for a long walk this afternoon and at last have planted out my sprout plants. It is now pouring again - good for the new plants.

Hope you are keeping as well as possible Moyra.

Hope all are well. Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Daughter is still in agony with her back Kazz. She got the earliest appointment she could with a Grade 7 physio who has told her she'll thoroughly examine and if she thinks it necessary with send her for an MRI. The physio appointment is at the end of this month. It's crazy.

My youngest lad tripped over yesterday and broke his rib by hitting the table on the way down so he's in agony too.

I think my kids were put on this Earth to worry me sick
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Oh no Chris!!! Hope both kids will be o.k
Sue..thank you, it's always been a nice place to live... until now
Kazz, yep...that house, I just want decent neighbours who I can say Hi to..... that's it, nothing else
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-05-2021, 03:36 PM
I can't really grasp why. I have a Youtube channel and one particular video I did was 9 years ago and hardly looked at.

Suddenly in the last few days viewings have rocketed to 27,134 views at this moment in time. strange how things suddenly take off