07-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh look!!!!!

Their tails are like dally tails!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
had a couple of undocked bouviers and snauzers under me when i judged at a match night last week, looked ok to be honest but one of our uindocked welshies looks awful carries its tail over its back
You would hardly be able to tell the difference with a welshie undocked as they take off such a small bit. I have seen some undocked.
Carrying over the back is just a poor tail set and can happen with docked welsh as well and some times in puppies which corrects its self later.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
You would hardly be able to tell the difference with a welshie undocked as they take off such a small bit. I have seen some undocked.
Carrying over the back is just a poor tail set and can happen with docked welsh as well and some times in puppies which corrects its self later.
The majority of us dont like them with tails to be honest but we'll have to get used to them.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by sweetveronica View Post
Oh look!!!!!

Their tails are like dally tails!
They are sooooooooo diverse SV. Some thick, some thin, some curled, some straight, some high, some low, some smooth, some wirey. Maddy would have had a moderate thickness but wirey tail. When you look at the docks you can see the huge variety of textures, sets and thickness.

But yes, they should be rather like a dally tail/bull whip!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't know if I am confused as I thought the thread I quoted was taking about Welsh terriers as they some times carry their tails close over their backs.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
They are talking about Welsh Springers not Welsh Terriers lol!
Becky
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Don't know if I am confused as I thought the thread I quoted was taking about Welsh terriers as they some times carry their tails close over their backs.
That explains why id didnt make a lot of Sense. I'm talking about Welsh Springer Spaniels
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:25 PM
OOOPs
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
They are sooooooooo diverse SV. Some thick, some thin, some curled, some straight, some high, some low, some smooth, some wirey. Maddy would have had a moderate thickness but wirey tail. When you look at the docks you can see the huge variety of textures, sets and thickness.

But yes, they should be rather like a dally tail/bull whip!
How exciting - its like pot luck!!!!! Ha ha ha dally tails are indeed like whips - the amount of coffee tables that my girls and boys have swept - well I wouldn't like to count!
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >