Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 04:48 AM

Dogsey Daily thread. Thursday

Good morning...I know it is Thursday as my aged laptop says so... Am in hypersomnia mode so could be yesterday or tomorrow etc.... Out around 7 am for a small shop, banking then the Traditional Farms..around 11am I will call the SPCA in Tralee for the number of the lady with the cat refuge there. Emailed around 10 other cat rescues yesterday and NOT ONE reply! Unbelievable and typically Irish.....if she has cats, which are seemingly in very short supply in Kerry, will go on to Tralee and will put the cat box in the car in hopes.... Oh and dont laugh too much. We have a cat rescue here in the village BUT the woman decided never to speak to me again a while back....She is English and rather strange ..no idea what I did " wrong"... so of course I have emailed her saying looking for an older female neutered.One nice thing; I emailed KLAWS, a local rescue, re my missing cat and just heard they will put her on [a social network] today. They have not replied re my seeking another cat as well.... so we shall see... it is a quiet and lonely house here So used to several critters! All crossed for everyones needs today.. slow at catching up with the sleep stuff.. comes with the M.E and can be sleeping 19 hours a day when it gets bad... rip van winkle..
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 06:30 AM
Oh Rosebud you were up early. Has the parcel arrived yet? No oh well wont be long. I wish I could air mail poor William over to you, he would love it there. Although you still have a dog so maybe not. I hope Pat next door can manage to keep him. If she gets a new cage for her bird then he will be able to come in as she can shut the bird in its cage, she has no door on her current cage! I am sure she will sort things out. If Amber didn't chase him and he left my birds alone then I would willingly take him in as he is such a beautiful cat.

Well, I hope you have a better day Rose.

God bless and take care everyone, in for a heavy deluge of rain today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 07:18 AM
Good morning

Hope your day improves Rosebud and you find another cat soon or yours returns home.

Have a good day Moyra and enjoy the dry weather while you can.

Pouring down here with thunder still rumbling round. Two storms during the night. Don't think we will be going anywhere today as I have battened down the hatches

Have a good day and stay safe and hope all poorlies are feeling better today. Fingers crossed for a god scan Eileen.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Morning Rose and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Hope the cat hunting goes well Rose.
Thinking of Sarah today and the new babies Eileen.

Hope everyone is well today and aches and pains are feeling better. Got the window man coming this morning to measure up for the last two windows and a new front door. At last each time we have saved the money for them something broke like the boiler or macerator and it was spent on those items instead. Then we will pop out for a while.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Moyra, i don't know if you use FB but in our city there is a lost and found page where people post the animals found...pets they've lost etc. What they suggest doing is popping a paper collar with your phone number on...also taking him to check for a microchip and you could post the photo of him and one of the local cat groups will likely help you out with rehoming him if needs be
Morning Rosebud, lynn and Sue
i might pop out for half an hour today and that will be it it think. wanted a bench thing they had on offer at lidl but as my dad was doing the dying fly act i missed out ...again, so not very happy
Lacey got everything crossed for you, sarah,BF and of course the babies
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi all, Sue it is pissistantly raining here too! We had a fair bit of lightning in the night but I didn't hear any thunder.
Kyla is going away tomorrow with her "other" Grannie for a long weekend so I hope it brightens up for them. She was so full of herself yesterday because I gave her money to buy everyone an ice cream, hope she remembers!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Good morning Lynn, Griff and Nippy

Hope Kylaenjoys her holiday and buys the ice creams

Typical man Griff can't help as they are "dieing" Better luck next time.

Well here it is now like night, coming down in stair rods no lighting but can hear the odd rumble. Managed to get Teazle out in between the rain so if nothing else she will be happy.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Oh bless her Jenny, I am sure she will enjoy herself.

Griff, William has been knocking around the neighbourhood for years. A lot of the flats round here are six month lets. People get cats and then move out and leave them behind. My last cat Charlie was the same, although I adopted him and he came into the house a lot he still liked to roam the outdoors. Sadly one of the neighbours ran him over because he would insist on just laying in the way. I was furious because they could have moved him. The RSPCA took him but never treated him and he eventually died from renal failure.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Awww Nippy, my nan used to do stuff like that...always gave us money for our holidays... i always felt proper minted Lol £10 was a lot to me
Sue Lol, yeah, after 3 days of it my patience ran out Lol he is 60 years old, went out and got that drunk on saturday night he fell down drunk! hurt his back, had an awful upset tummy for 2 days and decided that he couldn't go to lidl last night...could have easily nipped up with the cat after the vet but nope. First 2 days i was trying to help him out and check he was o.k etc and then i thought "hang on he did it to himself...s*d it, doesn't bother when i am proper bad"
soeone over the road is having a new roof put on...the most considerate workmen, stayed until 6 yesterday and didn't start hammering until gone 9am... i like them Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Back from taking youngest son to the eye clinic. Its a year since his last appointment, which is the longest its gone since they found the bleed. He's fine on that, but they've found fluid where it shouldn't be now, so an appointment in 3 months time when they will either lazer it or eeeek an injection in his eye, which he says he doesn't want to even think about, can't blame him on that.
Rain is due here later, but at the moment its overcast, dull but DRY. I'm already for it, plenty of shavings in the loft, it is full with 3 big bales and plenty on the rubber matting. Left the bottom doors shut whilst I was out just in case it came early, but dry so far. Will open the doors when I skip out until the rain hits, then they'll be tucked in nice and dry, will leave the big umbrella up, can't even begin to think about taking it down to be honest, after yesterday feel like I may snap in two, but if Keshi and Zenith decide they are bored and have a pressing need to play in the rain at least it will keep the worst off them.
Son has re-appointed to come and help me next week, said Friday 'ran away with him' pointed out he could have let me know, discussion DID get heated, but we've both calmed down. He's been up the ladder and turned the hanging basket round because it was growing all one way, did ask him to lift the couch so I could straighten the rug, but he forgot, rug is annoying me, but hey ho.
Weather is going to be good this weekend, Nippy, so Kayla will certainly be able to buy everyone an ice cream, whether she does or not is another matter. Little love, hope she has a lovely weekend away.
Lynn, at last the windows and door are going in, you won't know yourselves soon, you'll drive past thinking its a different house.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »