Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cathsam001
New Member!
Female 

28-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Post Puppy Stage....at last!!!

HI All

I bought a puppy about 8 months ago to keep my other dog company...she's a chocolate border collie and is absolutely beautiful. However, it was not easy to sart with. Our other dog is a rescue dog and he was 10 months old when we got him...so we've never had a puppy before. After a few weeks I was beginning to wonder if we had done the right thing!!! The biting and chewing was unbelieable, I thought we'd never house train her and she cried all night.

But bliss at last.....those days are over and now they don't actually seem as choatic as they did at the time. She's so affectionate and well behave (except for the occasional outburst). Just thought I'd post this for all those new puppy owners who are having second thoughts at the minute. It happens to the best of us, but 90% of the time they grow out of it....even if it doesn't seem like it at the minute.

I found this great blog on google yesterday. I has literally made me laugh out loud. Not sure if we can share web links or anything but I'm sure someone will let me know if not....

[link removed] ....it's written by the dog (and no I'm not mad) ...just take a look. I keep loggin gin every day to see if there any new posts.

Best Wishes to all

Cath
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2008, 05:22 PM
lol, bless. Puppies are hard work - my jazzie was a nightmare when she was a pup They can be worse than having a baby in the house (at least babies have nappies!!).
I can't see your link, sorry.

Glad things are easier for you now.
cathsam001
New Member!
Female 

31-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the reply...the link is link removed
I guess they remove links from this forum but it's worth a look. Start at the bottom and read up

Cath