Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Do you miss the puppy stage?

I will be honest and say I don't.

Tyler is four and Meg will be four next month,both are pretty well trained and do as they are told.

Of course I put in alot of time with Kizzy and Fiona has commented on this,because she is doing as she's told,walking well onlead etc.

Having two dogs which are older Kizzy was quite a shock to the system,Having to do the toilet training,teaching bite inhibition,training to walk onlead nicely,socialization etc.Don't get me wrong I enjoy doing it and it's nice when people comment on your dogs good behaviour,but I certainly don't miss that stage.

So do you enjoy puppyhood ?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:27 PM
I love puppy stages, when there older i find it so rewarding to know i trained that dog
It can be stressful but its great fun to..I really do enjoy it and miss them.
rubylover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Even though there are times it is a bit difficult, I love puppy stage and definately miss puppy stage when my dogs are older.

Ruby
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:32 PM
OMG having a pup here I will have to say.....I am so looking forward to when she matures

Life is manic with here, she chases bruce about and jumps from great heights....even when she gets to NO and the look, she knows I mean it and she goes and lies down,,,, but she's back again 5 mins later

Its like having a toddler in the house my eyes are up my a**e watching her, everything has to be fenced off outside...mainly the pond, because the little minx just loveeeeeesssssssssssss water can not say the fish share her enthusiasum though.

Although I have to say she is less Tornado Tess now.....more like a gale force wind and my sense of humour is still intacked
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:41 PM
I quite enjoy puppy training It's so rewarding......
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I have to admit I do enjoy having more mature dogs... Esme is 6 months old now and i'm looking forward to her getting a little bit older and more mature.

Oliver is only fourteen months but he was born to the title "little Mr serious" and didn't really have a puppy stage
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
OMG having a pup here I will have to say.....I am so looking forward to when she matures

Life is manic with here, she chases bruce about and jumps from great heights....even when she gets to NO and the look, she knows I mean it and she goes and lies down,,,, but she's back again 5 mins later

Its like having a toddler in the house my eyes are up my a**e watching her, everything has to be fenced off outside...mainly the pond, because the little minx just loveeeeeesssssssssssss water can not say the fish share her enthusiasum though.

Although I have to say she is less Tornado Tess now.....more like a gale force wind and my sense of humour is still intacked
LOL

This post reminds me so much of Meg when she was a puppy,I was pulling my hair out at times with her.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I love all pups, and maybe some of you still classify Tess as a pup at 8 1/2 months, but just as I am with children, I really really love it when their true characters show themselves... You will find me oooohing and aaahing with young pups (and babies), but if you watch me a little longer you'll see my look of relief that that stage is over for us ... I still remember my OH and I playing football with Tess at 01:00am outside in the snow at -6 degrees because her sleep-rythm was off.... And I still remember waking up all stiff because the only way she'd be quiet in her cage was if I kept my fingers through the bars..... Thank heavens thats over for now.... But.... I have 2 kids, and my now dream is 2 dogs.... And I do love training pups.... Who knows.... Maybe next winter I'll be playing football at 1am again.... They do say the best BC is more then one...
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:54 PM
I SO miss the puppy stage! I would give anything to cuddle Zara as a baby one last time, she was (and still is) such a cutie!
Maybe we had it lucky though, as a pup Zara was toilet trained by nine or ten weeks, she never chewed anything she shouldn't have and she didn't really bite/mouth. Perhaps if she had been more difficult as a pup, my answer would be different!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Humm...no - i think it lasts just long enough. I love them as pups - but it is not long before I get bored and want to get into more serious training.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >