Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Me to lol!!!!!
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

30-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Inca
puppy been ill at vets with a nut allergy....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has this happened before?
I find it strange that dogs are so differant to us but still have the same illness.
But you can not use the same cure used for us on them.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 06:02 PM
lumps and bumps all over ...vet says he could have died!!!!!!............... hey weigh in lighter with no head....LOL
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Its so sad about the dog, but you werent to know.

Well your defo going weigh lighter from now on cuz everything you eat aint gonna get to your stomach. lol

It will be like having a smaller version of the digestive system. You eat sommat and your little oeasophagus (sp) will just let it drip out at the rip. lol
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-01-2005, 06:49 PM
"If people offer advice from the goodness of their hearts they should NOT expect anything in return neither should they be offended if it is not taken.

Life is so that sometimes people will listen to your advice but under personal circumstances make their own decisions. This does not mean they were not grateful for your input or that your advise was worthless. "

With regards to Lel's questions: "Does anyone ever get sick of giving advice to people who dont care or who dont want to listen ?"

Do you mean giving advice to people who ask it? or giving it to people uninvited?

If you mean to people who are asking for your advice, then the above statement/question is a bit of an oxymoron, because they must at least want to listen or care to a certain degree, otherwise why would they ask?

If you mean giving advice to people who don't ask for it, then it may be seen as patronisng/condescending.

"I love all dogs but it pees me off when you get idiots who ask a question but dont want to listen to sensible advice
and then moan when you say what they dont want to hear"

'Sensible advice' is subjective because what one might think is sensible, someone else may think is madness! Hence the comments in my first two paragraphs:

"If people offer advice from the goodness of their hearts they should NOT expect anything in return neither should they be offended if it is not taken.

Life is so that sometimes people will listen to your advice but under personal circumstances make their own decisions. This does not mean they were not grateful for your input or that your advise was worthless."

When it comes to people moaning about what they don't want to hear, then, that is a bit of a slap in the face to the 'advisor' because they should at least be grateful even if they a) don't agree or b) not take the advice. (However I have not witnessed any of this, not on DW anyway).

In saying all of the above, I do understand where you are coming from and can appreciate that you probably feel dissapointed that your advice was not taken. Feeling dissapointed is perfectly acceptable (although it is self-inflicted, as expectations very often lead to dissapointment [the solution is to expect less ] )

I too get dissapointed because I expect a bit too much from the human race - although most people would say my expectations are quite moderate! I would just like to see kinder, nicer, more understanding people around - thank god we have got you guys on Dogweb to set a good example!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 07:10 PM
Does anyone ever get sick of giving advice to people who dont care or who dont want to listen ?"

Do you mean giving advice to people who ask it? or giving it to people uninvited?
I mean to people who ask your opinion or for information and then ignore it anyway

It wastes both my time and theirs
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

30-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi Lel

First of you have to distinguish between people who have and have not ignored your advice - how do you know they have actually ignored it? Just because they didn't take the advice doesnt mean to say they ignored it or did not appreciate it (it may well have factored in their decision process). If someone actually did ignore it, it would be their own loss as from what I have seen, in general, you have good advice to give

All I'm saying is don't get upset about it or hold it against people who although asked and listened to your advice (regardless of whether it looked otherwise) did not take it.

Be glad and happy in the knowledge that you made the effort to help, share, advise (and ultimately know the decision is not your's to make), and thats the best you can do, it's the best we can all do.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 09:20 PM

you're right
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3