register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 09:41 PM
it feels better to know Im not the only person who has it, for years i thought I was - thats one great thing about the internet, just type in a search and you can hook up with other people who share the same problem, and often they have it worse so you feel fortunate in a way (dont mean that to sound bad )

I used to get the creepy crawly thing a lot, used to throw the duvet across the room and scream and stuff, but i dont seem to get that anymore.
About a week ago my OH told me I had sat up in the bed and started going on about pirates and the sails on their ships I have no recollection of this at all but apparently he said it was quite interesting compared to the goble-di-gook I come out with when Im awake :smt042 :smt043 :smt003
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 09:57 PM
omg i get that all the time just last night i woke up i the middle of the night screaming, for some reason i thought there was a bug in my bed, i picked it up and couldnt kill it, so i woke up bf and he took it off me (even tho it wasnt there) and i kept asking him if he had killed it yet. strangely if he plays along wit it i calm down and go back to bed.
ive been known to wake up in middle of night seeing spiders on my wall or something floating above me, i throw things across the room or jump across the room to turn the light on.

its really bizarre

oh and to answer the original question, yes i do get palpitations, where my heart will flutter or do extra beats, its really uncomfortable!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

27-01-2005, 10:04 PM

the floating thing, I get that a lot too, its hard to describe what it actually is sometimes its like a dark shadow other times its like a big transparent blob like a jellyfish (if that makes sense ) but usually it is hovering above me or about to fall on me from the celing and i jump out the bed to try and get away from it.

Looks like it is much more common than I thought -

anyone else had any weird happenings in their sleep?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2005, 10:43 PM
The only time I've had them was when I was PREGNANT!!......lol.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I had them last year, quite bad with like a tightenting of the chest... i thought i was having mild heart attacks i was on tablets too as an ongoing thing but eventually chucked them in the bin.

It was all done to stress of someone i thought the world of had got cancer and then she died. I was in abit of a mess.

Sometimes i still get the pain, the Doc said there was nothing to worry about... even though there is a history of heart problems in my family. But i don't worry about them anymore
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2005, 09:02 AM
my Sister in law gets them regularly, cant remember what she said causes them. She has seen the doc and they are monitoring her
queenie
New Member!

28-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks for all the comments, I am glad I am not palpitating alone (not that I wish palps on anybody)!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 09:54 PM
following from candies comments i get palpitations when my hubby looks at my credit card statements!!! but in truth i do get heart racing every now and again its when i get a big panicky if i am late for kids or in stressful situation
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3