Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 03:45 PM
Jack (7) and Erin (3) helpme too.

Jack empty's out the bins in the bedrooms and keeps his and Erin's bedroom tidy andhe'll tidy up the videos/dvds in their room. JAck also helps hubby was the cars and he always puts his dirty clothes (including his socks!!) in the laundry basket and he will also go downstairs whilst hubby is on the pc upstairs and get him a beer !!

Erin is very good too, she likes being a little helper, she sprays the furniture polish and I wipe, she too always puts her dirty clothes in the laundry basket and shes very good at putting her toys away and I never have tantrums from my kids at bedtime.

The hubby on the otherhand is a totally different story.........
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 03:57 PM
I have 4 kids(aged11 to 15)
They work in pairs and alternate between the washing up/drying up/kitchen and hoovering.
They also have to do their own rooms and odd jobs when required.
I on't think it does any harm at all...me and OH both work full time and a little help goes a long way....and hopefully prepares them for the 'real world'
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 06:36 PM
my kids all do chores to earnt heir pocket money. i have four kids so between them i do nothing lol only joking i wish that was true! no they have to keep their rooms tidy they help with washing and polishing and oldest son has taken to making breakfast! his choice and i am looking forward to him getting bored of it! if they want extra money for something they will do anything i tell them!
cassey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I have 2 boys 7 and 5 they help me out when i ask them. james refused to polish his room the other day which wasnt much to ask so i took his ps2 away he polished that nite but he still didnt get it back for a couple of days just to show him i was serious. my 16 yearold stepdaughter moved in last week and i cannot believe how lazy she is she hasnt had to lift a finger in her house which is probebly why it took 3 attempts to wash up last nite she has got alot to learn!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Good luck with the staep daughter, the older they get the lazier they get believe me!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 07:24 PM
My kids would die in your house Mary They whinge enough if I ask them to put thier stuff away. It's amazing who gets the blame for using it
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 07:45 PM
What age are they if they are older than Matthew 7 send them this way as I need someone to wash my car and do some gardening.
Mary
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 07:52 PM
They're 15, 13 and 11 Mary, and you're more than welcome to them, especially the 15 y/o
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2005, 09:24 PM
I sound like a right mean mum
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3