Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Hi Sibeluver03

It takes alot of patience for a hyper husky to sit calmly. Oh well, to the door we go!

My two are Staffords and Tess is almost 5 months old now. And that is hyper with legs I did almost exactly as SB said they wait and don't rush the door the simple word "back" works wonders they wait to be told who is to come, and I work by name of the dog I want "Stay," to both then "Sal come." or "Tess come" the other does not move until I tell them to.
Works both ways. There is no "thinking about it by either" they wait until told. Two staffords too much trouble to let them run riot.
Leads have never gone on till sitting anyway and pup follows suit. Good manners and acceptable travel to me is not what it may be to others so what works for you use it.

And you have to remember my rules have been in place when we just had Sal and carried through to Tess so they have never known any different, so it is not as hard as it seems but Tess is slowly getting it.

Karen
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 08:37 AM
Jas used to charge at the door but I taught him to 'wait' and he waits there patiently for me to tell him to come in. He's getting very good at it now
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3