Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Quick heads up about going with pet plan

I got 4 weeks free from pet plan when I took Alfie to the vet 3 weeks ago, and had decided to stick with pet plan.

I checked the price online and knew how much the one I wanted was...
So when the guy phoned up and asked if I was going to carry on with them and gave me the price, it was higher
So I am like errmm, for the same plan, online it was cheaper and he was like ahh, thats because it gives you a 10% discount online for the 1st year, but if you do that you have to start a new plan and they wont be covered for the first 14 days or whatever blahh, BUT he said that "to make it fair", he would give me an extra month free to cover about the same cost as the discount!

So if you are going with pet plan after the free period is up, say this to them and you should get an extra month free and are covered from the word go!!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Umm interesting

I got 4 weeks free cover with Jasper, I just renewed it when they phoned up, (never got round to checking prices online) however when I agreed to continue the policy I was then told, "you have a month free as you have continued with the policy"!!

Although it turns out it wasnt a continuation at all!!
Jas broke a tooth and had a vet consult on the last day of the free policy, the remainder of the treatment (extraction) was done after the "renewal" date. When I claimed, it turned out they were seperate policies entirely - therefore, excess for the initial consult (which didnt qualify for a payout), and excess for the remainder of the treatment! needlees to say I didnt get much of a payout!!

I still think its a good policy though.